Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

keyless entry stopped working!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:17 PM

I have a 1999 Isuzu Rodeo.

Anyway, I installed a brand new radio/dvd player/tv and now I can no longer use my buttons on my keys to lock/unlock the doors. I did not do any cutting of wires, I checked the anti-theft and power locks fuses and they are all good. I bought the correct wire harness, so like I said didn't have to do any cutting of wires at all. All I did was connect the color coded wires, plugged it in, and screwed the mounting stuff on. The radio and everything works, but the keyless don't. Any suggestions?

Old 10-01-2007, 10:30 PM

Strange - I have a 99 as well and did aftermarket. No issue. IF you did NOT cut anything then the easiest way to verify it is not the stereo is to just unhook the radio and see if keyless starts working. If is does then you have to triple check your wiring and also make sure nothing is pinching in the back

Another option is that maybe your programming between your vehicle and remote was lost or maybe just coincidentally your battery died on the remote?

Another option since you mentioned DVD is you had to run additional wires and maybe you hit something? I am not sure where the control module is for the keyless entry.

Thought of something else. Is the red light blinking on your dash after you turn off engine? Just a clue as to whether or not anything is working.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:37 PM

Well, I figured it out. I forgot to mention that I ran a constant power to the cig lighter (I hate the ones that shut off with the car. I like to charge my phone in my car). What I did was just connect the constant power from the radio to the power on the cig lighter. It worked, but apparently the Rodeo doesn't like that cuz for some reason that disabled my anti-theft/keyless entry. I just removed that wire and it worked again. So, now I just gotta figure out how to run constant power to the cig lighter without killing my keyless entry. What I think I'll do there is just run an all new power wire from the battery and run a new ground so the plugs for it are untouched. I'll just trick the rodeo into thinking its just unplugged. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2007, 05:33 PM

Make sure you put a fuse in the line, it will fry your phone if there is a surge. 15-20 amp would be fine.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:23 PM

Just make the accessory sockets (1 under cig lighter and 1 in back) hot all the time and use that. Very easy to do, just need a short piece of wire and 2 1/4" male spade terminals. Remove the acc. relay in the fuse block, jumper the 2 larger slots. Used to really bug me, I plug my gps into that socket and would have to keep the truck turned on so I didnt lose power.

Name:  accjumper.jpg
Views: 2750
Size:  49.8 KB

Edited by: Gizmo42

Old 10-02-2007, 11:03 PM

Very Nice.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:51 PM

Nice, I'll give that a shot. Thanks!