Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

I see why I got rodeo for 200 bucks lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Default I see why I got rodeo for 200 bucks lol

Finally had a few moments too look at my Rodeo for about an hour today. I ordered a new starter and I was looking things over on how I was going to change it and decided to change the oil. I open plug and only water came out! Is there any reason besides cracked block or head,head gasket that coulda caused this? The past owner just changed timing belt,water pump and tentioner a few weeks ago could they have done this by accident somehow while changing that stuff? Then starter went out on it.For the price even if I changed head gasket or engine I would be alright with my purchase.Should I change oil and starter fill fluids up and see what happens?Any Advice would be appreciated

Old 12-26-2010, 05:24 PM

What year is your Rodeo. Was the car running when took possession. When you lift the filler cap where you put in the oil, is it milky?

Old 01-03-2011, 03:10 PM

Well I just put on a starter on this car and changed oil and coolant.Started right up after a few cranks and water is dripping from tail pipe and smoking white smoke like crazy checked oil after running a few minutes and seems the milky color everyone describes as head gasket -cracked block.Hoping just a head gasket though. Im not a mechanic but can do most things if I know the problem. diagnostics are my weak point.Im almost positive its a head gasket and would actually like to take a stab at it myself. Any advice from somebody who has done the 3.2 motor in a 1994 Rodeo

Old 01-22-2011, 03:21 PM

You have a cracked head. I rebuilt my 3.2, trust me, its never just a head gasket, youll pull the heads and theyll either be cracked or so warped they cant be fixed. then youll find the block surface is warped and the cylinders will be out of round by 5-10 thou, the only option is to bore the holes 20 thou and get new pistons.
You can rip the engine out without removing the transmission, but youll have to take heads off first, and assemble the heads on the engine in the vehicle, and pull the front diff forward a bit to make room for oil pan. You can either get a new clutch assembly or fight with the fork on the throwout bearing during engine installation because isuzu in all thir wisdom decided to use a throiwout bearing attached to the pressure plate that pulls the spring away from the clutch rather than push on a bellville spring. Youll never get it apart-Ive tried.
By the way, you probably didnt need a starter, just the contacts inside the solenoid. about 20 at my local auto electric supply store. Ive done lots of import starters, and 999 times out of 1000 thats the only thing that ever wears out on them.
justin

Old 02-27-2011, 12:44 AM

You do NOT have to bore anything. Check out Neil Parts Rebuilders Inc. They specialize in cracked head repairs, clutch assemblies and discs, relining brake shoes, rebuilding water pumps.
They are located in Columbia SC open tues-fri 7-430 EST
(803)799-0857 Ask for Randy