Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

i need some opinions/advice.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 06:44 AM

alright, so i've pretty much decided to keep my rodeo since gas prices are going down and i can drown out the ticking with the radio. but my front tires are pretty much bald in the inside and look almost brand new on the outside. i've had them balanced and rotated & had a front end alignment about 6 months ago ... do rodeo's eat up front tires or am i missing something?

also. about the whole lifter-noise deal... is it actually worth the money to get them re-adjusted? i've heard it costs from 1500-2000 bucks. it's only got 81k miles on it (its a 96) so its not like it's going to die any time soon, but i don't know if i'd rather spend the money to fix the noise or save it and put it towards a new car. :/

Old 10-09-2006, 10:24 AM

New car the lifter noise is with you to stay sorry i had to tell you.If you get the lifters adjusted the noise will only come back to haunt you later on and you will have thrown your money down the drain.About the tires you should be able to get new tires and have them properly rotated and balanced.Keep a check on them and if they start wearing again like they are now i hate to say it but take it to the dealer and have them look at it.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:46 PM

If your tires were already worn oddly when they did the alignment then they wouldnt be able to align it properly. When you get new tires have it aligned again while the tread is still flat. A good shop wont even do an alignment if the tires are worn like that. Mine seem to be wearing flat, though one of my fronts ones is messed up from bad lower control arm bushings (before I got them replaced)

Trying to fix the ticking is just wasting money. My mitsu had the hydraulic lifters in it just like the SOHC isuzus. It ticked all its life and was still doing it when I sold it with 143k miles on it last year. I saw it recently so its still running. It will go well over 200k miles with ticking lifters so no point in spending money on it.

HERE is a post with some info that might help with taking care of the ticking problem, at least make it a little better. Apparently some have had good luck using Auto Rx treatments to quiet them down some.

Mitsubishi redesigned theirs to have larger holes so they dont clog as easily and they get more oil pressure. They still tick after a bit.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:21 PM

just like everyone else said, the ticking is normal, and in both of mine i have hydraulic lash adjusters which means they cannot be adjusted by anyone, they are supposed to adjust themselves, i use one quart of lucas heavy duty oil stabalizer in my trucks and that seems to shut them up a little bit, as far as the tires, if it is aligned correctly, i would start looking at the condition of your ball joints, i dont think that would cause that big of a problem, but there is a chance, hope that helps!