Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Help!! having electrical issues with my 95 rodeo

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Exclamation Help!! having electrical issues with my 95 rodeo

Hello, my name is noah and i have been working on getting my rodeo up to par for a minute now.. i am a pretty fair mechanic but i have trouble with electrical stuff... i recently re did my head gasket and after words i am not getting any spark out of my coil.. mind you this truck has qquite a few electrical issues.. i have tested everything and cant figure it out... there is a 2 pin connector coming into the coil one wire blue which goes to the power switch the other wire, yellow and blue stripe, is supposed to go to the fuse box and is supposed to be hot when ignition is on or car is running. the blue wire has power but the yellow one does not.. i have tried to just jump the yellow wire directly to the battery with no change... the coil is brand new so that takes it out of the equation.... any ideas anyone???

Old 02-27-2013, 10:18 PM

When you say "all kinds of electrical problems", what else is it doing? What else is not working?

All your engine/chassis grounds correctly installed?
Any aftermarket electrical accessories installed? Big stereo system?

Are you getting fuel as well? Im pretty sure the ecu needs to see crank and cam sensors in order to fire off fuel injectors AND for spark timing. If your not getting fuel either, Id look at both your cam and crank sensors/signals. Especially the cam, since you just had the heads off..

As far as the wiring goes to the coil, I cant help you there without a wiring diagram.