Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

ECU module

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Default ECU module

I have a Chevrolet Rodeo 2001 V6 3.2 liter 4x4 4 door DOHC(Isuzu engine) in Colombia south America. In the USA its a Isuzu Rodeo. I need the ECU(engine computer) and maf sensor(mass air flow sensor). Being a model sold in Colombia the references may be different. I am having trouble locating the ECU in the states in used auto parts stores and I bought one and they sent the wrong one.mine has 40 pins on each side(2 layers of 20 pin each) The ECU goes right on top of the engine block cover .Once you open the hood it is there at the middle of the engine block with 4 screws attached to engine block.Does anybody know if its compatible with any other isuzu model or year?.In Colombia its really expensive and mine is only working for 5 cylinders.I have many quotes in USA but cant know if its the same or if it will fit. the reference number in colombia is different. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by willyramos7; 03-12-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:11 PM

From a technician's standpoint there doesn't seem any obvious reason for it to be different. Most vehicles are "world" cars now. It's cheaper to make them the same, however it sounds like either there IS a difference or a MISTAKE was made by the parts supplier.

The VIN code and/or Engine ID could be of use. Try changing the first letter to either the USA (1 or G i think) or Japan (J) origin codes.

I've had good luck with both A-1 Auto: http://www.a1autosupply.com/

and: http://www.autowrecking.com/locations

They are local to my area and provide good parts.

Best of luck!

Old 05-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Default ECU for Isuzu

OK. Thanks a lot

Old 03-12-2012, 11:26 AM

Well, it seems to be dofferent judging from the pictures i see posted. I think for the south American Version the ECU is different. Where can I inquiry to get the technical answer to see if they are compatible.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Default Isuzu Rodeo ECU

Originally Posted by willyramos7
I have a Chevrolet Rodeo 2001 V6 3.2 liter 4x4 4 door DOHC(Isuzu engine) in Colombia south America. In the USA its a Isuzu Rodeo. I need the ECU(engine computer) and maf sensor(mass air flow sensor). Being a model sold in Colombia the references may be different. I am having trouble locating the ECU in the states in used auto parts stores and I bought one and they sent the wrong one.mine has 40 pins on each side(2 layers of 20 pin each) The ECU goes right on top of the engine block cover .Once you open the hood it is there at the middle of the engine block with 4 screws attached to engine block.Does anybody know if its compatible with any other isuzu model or year?.In Colombia its really expensive and mine is only working for 5 cylinders.I have many quotes in USA but cant know if its the same or if it will fit. the reference number in colombia is different. Any help would be appreciated.
.Where can I inquiry to get the technical answer if the ECU`s are compatible.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:15 AM

I have never seen the ECU on the engine. Does is have "Delphi" molded into the case? Do you have a picture? What color are the plug inserts on your ECU? I use www.car-part.com and I have not had any issues. But still it is interesting to see what they do to the vehicles designed to go to other places. Pictures would be great. Also, here in the US when I order a ECU, there are code numbers on the ECU tag itself from the part manufacturer. I always try to get another one that has the same numbering system. In US I believe that ECU is mounted on the drivers inner fender. I have seen a component located on the top of the engine but not with 40 pins in it.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Default Isuzu Rodeo ECU

Hello ,
thanks for the reply. The plug inserts are red. They are on each side of the ECU with 40 pins (2 layers of 20 pins).Yes the computer sits right on top of the engine block cover ,along the air intake hose????I have pictures. My email is willyramos7@hotmail.com. I tried attaching but the file is too big. I will send them to you, cause I really need to know if in the USA where in used autoparts or junk yards,ebay there are quite a few but they dont seem similar. My ECU is only sending signal to 5 cylinders not 6. Last time I had it stolen(cause it sits right there on the engine-very easy for burglars).It is very expensive here in Cali, Colombia South America. Any info would de greatly aprreciated.
Thanks and waitng for an email to send the pics.

William Ramos