Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

clicking noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 04:57 AM

Hello Rodeo Owners, Recently my 2000 Rodeo has been making a clicking noise when I tap the brake when it is in park. It sounds like it is coming from the automatic transmission shifter area. It dosesn't do it in any of the other gears (Just Park). Any suggestions on what the problem might be? Also about that clunking 2 piece drive shaft; Does anybody know where I can get a 1 piece shaft? I have heard that you can get them made; but from where? Would a 2003 or later 1 piece fit? Thanks for any info...........[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2005, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by c4chris

Hello Rodeo Owners, Recently my 2000 Rodeo has been making a clicking noise when I tap the brake when it is in park. It sounds like it is coming from the automatic transmission shifter area. It dosesn't do it in any of the other gears (Just Park). Any suggestions on what the problem might be? Also about that clunking 2 piece drive shaft; Does anybody know where I can get a 1 piece shaft? I have heard that you can get them made; but from where? Would a 2003 or later 1 piece fit? Thanks for any info...........[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>

Driveshaft I cannot help you on, since I am new to the Passport myself. The clicking noise you are hearing though is the switch that allows you to shift your car out of park. If you sit in your car and play with the brake you will constantly hear it activating and deactivating. Don't worry about it, just start to worry when you stop hearing it.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:09 AM

heh... that's the thing that lets you shift your car out of park. for instance, you can't shift your car into drive without applying the brake.

the clicking noise is just the part that's moving to allow you to push in the button.

does that make sense? lol

don't worry - i wondered the same thing for quite some time haha.