Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

2" Calmari Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Smile 2" Calmari Lift Kit

Just bought a kit to install a 2" Lift on a 94 Rodeo...Anyone recommend a site that has specific info on how difficult or easy this is to install?..Does anyone know of a website or schematics for the front end install on this lift kit?...Thanks for any help out there fellas....Snowing is coming soon....

Old 10-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Default calmini lift

Very easy to install...did basically one myself. 2 brackets in the back for a total of 4 bolts and then the front crank the torsion bars up. I didnt put in the new torsion bars so i dont know how difficult thats going to be.And as for the shocks im going with procomp shocks and that should be a breeze changing out.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Default calmini instructions

Here are the instructions I got from calmini. I called them and they emailed them to me.

Attached Thumbnails 2" Calmari Lift Kit-torsion-bar-instructions-page-1.jpg   2" Calmari Lift Kit-torsion-bar-instructions-page-2.jpg  
Old 10-13-2011, 10:30 AM

you are awesome..Thanks for your help...I called the place where I purchased the lift and they weren't as helpful with info...Thanks again...Now lets see what else I find when I do this work...ie...bushings etc. need replacing or sway bars.....Thanks again...I think I need to buy a chiltons manual...do they have one just for females...lol.....

Old 10-14-2011, 10:50 AM

Hi...
thanks for posting your message !
I hope you would find out a good message of your post that would be sufficient for you !

Old 10-14-2011, 02:07 PM

Just got done with driver side ball joints that i discovered the rubber was shot out on. Took about 2 hours but the other side should go quicker now that i know what to do. lol. Btw i got the ball joints online for 10 bux a piece when the local autozone wanted 25 a piece. Think the name of the place was stockwiseauto

Old 10-15-2011, 08:54 AM

Hi again....I thank you for your help...Just from looking at the front end, I believe that I will be replacing all the ball joints and sway arm bushings...they looked toasted and old...I heard that replacing them with good quality is the better way to go.....I'm trying to convince my brother to help me do this next week when my lift kit arrives...I'll keep you posted on the Busted Knuckle garage events we face...LOL....Have a great week end...

Old 10-15-2011, 09:48 AM

Hey
All guys very positve comment sere you

thanks

Old 10-19-2011, 08:20 PM

well the ball joints are all done and then i get a suggestion that i should flip the upper ones.....well I went ahead and did that.
Also I replaced the front shocks with procomp es3000's.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:31 AM

Hello again...you'll never believe this....I have the truck in the shop to replace the flex plate on the transmission OUCH 1,900.00...now the lift is discontinued from the factory...so no lift for that available...just bought new AT tires at 800.00 and can't put them on without the lift. It's gettin crazy with this truck...I'll have to do magic to keep printing money...LOL....i'll keep you posted.

Quick Reply: 2" Calmari Lift Kit