Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

01 Rodeo Airbags

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 12:37 AM
Default 01 Rodeo Airbags

My 2001 Rodeo was in an accident, and both driver and passenger side airbags were deployed. Am I able to replace both bags, and replace the airbag sensor and have them work again? Just curious if that's all I will need to replace. Are there anymore fuses or other things I have to replace as well? I can find an airbag sensor for about 30 bucks or less, but I'm not sure where it is located yet. I can also find both passenger and driver bags. Just not sure if I replace them, will I have any issues with just plugging them in and hoping they don't blow up in my face. thanks for any input!

Old 01-07-2013, 01:31 AM

I found this online after doing a bit of research.

First disconnect the battery,go ahead and change the module with the exact matching module.Then go ahead and replace whatever air bag is blown/bad make sure that every thing you took apart is pu back exactly as you took it off.Double check everything again,Turn your ignition key in the on position,Then go outside the vehicle..........and hook the POSITIVE TERMINAL up......again while you are outside the car,for safety,so you are not inside,if it were to accidentally..DEPLOY ! this should work.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:15 PM

thank you! hey you wouldn't happen to know where that sensor is located do you? is it under the hood?