Pickup Talk about Isuzu Pickup related topics here...

4dz1 1994 pickup, please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 11:59 AM

Hello All,

I am having an issue with my 1994 isuzu pickup 4 cyl 2.3 carburated 4dz1 engine. I rerecent lifted the engine and changed the oil pan gasket in this process the heater core hose got pinched and a small hole puntured in it I had no idea that this had happened until after it was already to late. i drove the truck for 2 days with this hole and water comming out but i never saw the water at all I found the hole afterthe fact. But any ways to the problem the truck over heated on the interstate and in a matter of a few seconds white smoke started pouring out of the tail pipe and a serious lack of power. I puled overand the engine immediatly died. i tried to start the engine again and it startedaftera few crankes but would not idle so i towed the truck home and got to looking at the engine and found the hole in the heater core hose and no coolant in the engine at all so i pulledthe head off the block and noticed that all the head bolts on the right side were loose and all the bolts on the left were still tourqued. i was expecting to find a cracked block or head but i found neither ans i Was baffeled all i found was a small area in the head gasket that was worn between the 2nd and 3rdpistons but no blow out or burn marks. inside the 2nd and 3rd cylinders though i found a brown ring burned into the top 1 inch of the wall with small spots that looked lik waterspots there was no wear marks groves or abrormalities other than than brown rings at the top of each cylinder. I am baffled at what may have caused it to do this. please anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. thank you.