News, Updates and Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on IF happenings! Tips and tricks for site use can also be found here, just take a look...

STAYING OR GOING

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

does anyone know or heard anything about isuzu staying in the u.s.a,alot of dealerships have drop the carline including my own.an there are alot of anger isuzu owners that dont have a place to service there vehicles now.corperate are directing those pepole to other dealerships sometimes an hour drive away. i do know isuzu is still under g.m. contract for the next 3 or 4 yrs after that......its either a huge come back or a mass closing???????????Edited by: ISUZUGURU

Old 08-20-2007, 10:16 PM

I'm hoping for a mass come-back. I'd like to see deisel-powered mid-sized SUV's. Who knows though. Hopefully they're just stepping out to get there crap together and get a new line organized.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:05 AM

I am hoping for a come back. I have good friends within Isuzu corperate, but they either don't know or can't tell what is around the corner. I have spent over 12 years as an Isuzu tech. I could move over to G.M. but I really do not want to do that. Just 2 years ago there was 4 dealers in this area, but now just 1. I hate to thing what I will do if they let Isuzu go. The reason dealers are droping Isuzu is that the sales are horrible. The best thing we can do is try to get our friends to buy Isuzu and pray for a strong comeback.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

i hope your right i really miss working on isuzus,i,m already an experienced g.m. tech an i dont want to go back to them.currently i,m with toyota.which is a nice transition.i,m finding alot of similar designs that my isuzu knowledge is helping with learning toyotas. 12 yrs is along time ncisuzutech....i hope isuzu reconizes techs like you who have put in the time with them,3 dealers have closed the line in my area including my own.but i think it will take a huge comeback to get isuzu back in the game.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:05 PM

Someone on planetisuzoo emailed the corporate office and got a reply back that isuzu has no plans to re-enter the US market for passenger vehicles. They are concentrating on medium duty trucks. I think the problems and expenses with the auto unions and import taxes are keeping them from coming back. They were pushing hard for the free trade agreement with Thailand (before the govt there got over thrown) which would have gotten around the import taxes and they already have factories there.< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>