New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

Traded In Rodeo for Ascender

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 09:13 AM

My first car was a 2002 Rodeo. Loved it. I actually wanted a VehiCROSS, but at the time, had no credit and barely any money for it. That was in 1998. Four years later, went back to Isuzu and found those weren't sold any longer. Thought of getting a Rodeo Sport (formerly the Amigo) and then figured, for the same money, get a bigger version.

Then I saw the Ascender a few years ago and was like, "I should've waited." (Even the Axiom looked cool). Last month, sorry to say, I finally gave in and traded in the Rodeo for the Ascender. I have mixed feelings, but I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't want it.

I was sad to hear that it was built by GM here in the U.S. I read that before I bought it. As long as it has the ISUZU name on it! My Rodeo had actual foreign parts in it (France, Japan). This one is all U.S. Nothing against that, but in terms of "quality."

No problems over the five years I had the Rodeo. NEVER took it in for anything wrong.

Anyway, since the other forum is dead, I thought I'd repost this here:

Hi there!</span><br style="font-style: italic;"><br style="font-style: italic;">I'm an owner of a new 2006 Isuzu Ascender (bought in
2007) that is basically a sibling of the Envoy and Trailblazer so
instead of buying brand new cross bars which didn't come with my
car--surprisingly, and I found out that no cars come standard with
them, you have to buy them separately--I got them for cheaper on eBay
from someone selling their Trailblazer cross bars.</span><br style="font-style: italic;"><br style="font-style: italic;">So now that I
have it, I've been trying to figure out how to put them ON!! They do
fit and are the same size, by the way, for anyone who may not know
that. Plus, the parts guy at my local Isuzu confirmed it for me and
even told me to go that way instead of buying it new.</span><br style="font-style: italic;"><br style="font-style: italic;">I don't
want to ruin my roof racks/rails in the process and I couldn't find any
other resources online, but I found this place. (I couldn't find it in
my manual either).</span><br style="font-style: italic;"><br style="font-style: italic;">Any help is greatly appreciated!</span></font>
Edited by: Ascender61507