New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

New Rodeo Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 02:33 AM

Hey everyone,

I''m a new Rodeo owner as of early July. I just found this site and wanted to say hi and give a quick story.

So, right around 4th of July, I had to get rid of my ''97 Dodge Avenger (long story) and get another car. I drive 40 miles each way every day to work, so I hoped for better gas mileage. So far, my 2000 Rodeo seems nowhere near the 30mpg the salesman claimed, but I digress.

On the test drive (which the salesman did the driving), I asked why the "check engine" light was on. He claimed that someone just went crazy with a power washer and knocked a sensor out of whack. I needed a vehicle right away, so I took the Rodeo. He told me that the car was out of gas, so get some right away. I still owed $300 toward the down payment.

Well, after putting only 3 gallons in the tank, the needle went from empty to full. I did my research and I found out about the fuel tank sending unit issue. I fought with the car lot for about a week, refusing to pay the remaining money I owed until they fixed the sending unit. I felt they misrepresented what was wrong with the car, they refused a mechanical history previously when I asked for it. And I didn''t have any money for repairs. They agreed and footed the bill with a local shop on $500 worth of repairs.

Anyway, with that out of the way, I''m loving my Rodeo. The gas mileage *seems* comparable to my Avenger (about 20 mpg give or take). A lot more comfort and better viewing range.

Dominic