New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

New Member - Billdarr

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 03:18 PM
Angry New Member - Billdarr

Hello All! I have had a lot of vehicles... I'm a diagnostic guy wil electrical and emmisions background --- OLD Man Hot rodder!!
I need some assistance with my 1999 Rodeo rear wrippers... A lot of info out there but not helping mr much. My Haynes book electrical color codes don't match my vehicle1
I have replace the wiper assembyy and a used front panel SW ... I suspect wiring harness. I would any help or ideas.
Thanks! and Hello!!!

Old 04-11-2019, 11:14 PM

Update: 1999 Rodeo - rear wiper Issues. I found a lot of info but "Dale" set me on the path ...

Hear is my responce...
... first of all, Thank /You, Dale Unknown source). You put me on the path…

OK, I did a lot of research and learned from 6 – 8 other tech / mechanics / home repair guys like me.

I want to share my experiences:

It never occurred to me the side swinging lower tail gate and the “Glass” hatch lid needed to be closed to operate!!! There must be a interlock switch somewhere… I got a clue from another user.

So, after doing the suggestion from others… I follower the closing sequence… when inside started the vehicle hit the rear wiper switch.. ( no blade on my mechanism so I observed it from the rear of the /suv. Indeed the wiper motor shaft turned on revolution, went to a 15 seconds delay and made another cycle. I counted seconds so I might be off a few seconds. The delay seems to be none adjustable. I got the 1999 Rodeo use with a lot of issues so I not sure if that is correct procedure but it is repeatable. I powered down and then tried it again… same results!!

I so very pleased… … … I had to share with the rest of you!!

I hope I’ve helped some one.

Bulldarr in Central AZ.