New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

Isuzu Premium Compact Disc Changer 5070

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:19 PM

I have a 1998 Isuzu Rodeo
with Isuzu premium compact disc changer model 5070
Several months ago disk1 stopped working
Disks 2-6 worked fine
Recently I put a disk in disk1 – now –
None of the disk work and I can’t remove any of the
CD’s even by following the instructions in the manual

Does anyone know a way to remove the 6 CD’s and allow
Disk 2 – 6 to again work????

Old 03-14-2007, 05:13 PM

I too have a 99 Rodeo with the same exact problem. My CD changer went out the same way....first, disk 1 followed by 2-6. Then, CD stuck in player and won't eject. Everytime you start and turn off the vehicle, you're reminded about the stuck CD by the annoying "beep beep" and an error message on the face of the player.

This is minor compared to ALL the other PROBLEMS this vehicle has (IE: Gasgauge not working, brakes/ABS not stopping vehicle when hitting small little bump or on a hill, wipers freeze up in middle of window, front defroster works as good as a 2 year old blowing on your window...shall I go on).

At this point,I'm very sorry I purchased this vehicle but I'm still able to get from point A to B and thank God, withing slamming into the back of someone when the brakes fail. Yes, had them checked and it's a known issue with this model/make and no recall on my vin#. So, it means, drive itassafely as possible or purchase another vehicle. I would just love to drive itwith my CD player working though! (lol)

Anyone with any ideas on getting out the CD's or is this a case of just replace the dang thing?[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Signed - learning to live with my lemon!Edited by: Ms Vegas

Old 10-04-2007, 09:41 AM

I too have the same issue with my 1998 Isuzu Rodeo Premium Compact Disc Changer 5070. Disc 1 stopped working and then all discs are now locked and I cant get them out. This is the only place on the internet that has any reference to the issue and no help. Help?! I want the CDs more then the stupid stereo.List of other issues I am having:

Horn goes off in the middle of the night and is 10x louder then when you press on the horn. I have since taken out the fuse so I can sleep. But driving isa pain when you want to honk.

Front windshield cracks everytime it is replaced.

Engine light keeps coming on, but no codes appear and car runs great.

Rear tail brake light continues to blow out.

Losing oil, but no oil leak.

Ugh!

Old 10-04-2007, 10:04 AM

Unfortunately, you just have to replace the CD Changer. Once you take out the old CD, it's no better....your CD's are lost inside forever. That is, unless you want to use a crow-bar or can opener to break open the casing.

I too have all of the same problems everyone here mentions. Brakes, windshield wipers stop mid-window, gas gauge not working. I finally got a response from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). I think each and every one of us Izusu owners needs to fill out the report the sent me especially in regards to the ABS Brakes. I've had a couple of close calls slidding into something or someone. Thank God....so far, so good. My Vin # also did not fall under the recall. Not understanding that....if it's broke for one, it's broke for all.

Contact NHTSA at 888 327-4236 or on line at www.nhtsa.dot.gov/hotline. On line, you can fill in as much information as possible and they in turn will send you a report that you need to complete and send back. Not sure if it will do any good, but doing nothing gets you nothing.

Let's all stand together on this.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:24 PM

I have the same problem, when I try to eject the discs, all it does is beepbeep and then show an error message that looks like "Err3".
I do not have a manual for it and I was wondering (since you do have a manual), does the manual say anything about how to reset it? What does it say to do if it shows an error message? Thanks!
(By the way, I just if you disconnect the car battery for 12 hours, it might help it to work again).

I've searched for answers all over the internet and none of the answers seem to help! Many people say there is no way to fix it and that you can't even retrieve your CDs. There must be a way to resolve this without breaking apart your CD changer or spending a fortune to get it fixed.