New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

Hi im new :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

is this your amigo doing this?

well if its the v6 model..98 an up?.....is it hard to start after sitting for alittle?

if you normally start it without pushing on the gas,will it start up an idle rough for alittle then clear up an run fine? and when it is running how does it idle.?rough?smokes alittle?

the first thing that comes to mind on that desciption,is the FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR LEAKING.what happen is the regulator works off of engine vacuum it controls how much fuel psi is deliverd to the injectors.when they go bad fuel gets sucked through that little vacuum line going to it.causing an over-rich mixture at start up,an can flood the intake full of gas fumes an raw fuel.which will cause the hard starting.....just like in carberated car ......when it floods you have to hold the gas to the floor to clear it up.....then it runs fine.

to check this just start the engine an pull that vacuum hose off,see if any...ANY..fuel trickles out of the regulator if it does it needs to be replaced.LET me know what you find....oh....if i,m right ,be sure to get the oil changed immediatly,iv,e seen it damage engine,an catalytic converters from the excessive amount of fuel that made it into the oil.if thats o.k....give me some more symptoms that it does,an i can give you more things to check.....(the regulator is at the drivers side rear of the intake.kinda hidden under a small bracket)Edited by: ISUZUGURU

Old 11-16-2005, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

isuzugirl, you really known your stuff! are you a technician?

Old 11-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

yes i am

Old 11-16-2005, 07:31 PM

Im sure that the girl that i saw her post will appreciate it... i'll keep you updated

Old 11-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

well, im glad to see that we have someone so knowledgable here!

Old 11-21-2005, 05:34 PM

me 2... hey what can i do for my car this winter to get it to stop being so luggy when it first gets started?

Old 11-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

i hope your letting your truck warm up <missbehavin> before driving.switch to 5w-30 oil in the winter.an give extra warm-up time.

Old 12-05-2005, 05:18 PM

Having trouble with my 01 trooper. Starts and runs for a minute, dies off dead, hearing sounds of air rushing from inside truck. One mechanic said plenum, other said its the 'throttle body or assembly' at the front top of engine. Unsure of what to do? Help...yes!!

Old 02-04-2006, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by ISUZUGURU

is this your amigo doing this?

well if its the v6 model..98 an up?.....is it hard to start after sitting for alittle?

if you normally start it without pushing on the gas,will it start up an idle rough for alittle then clear up an run fine? and when it is running how does it idle.?rough?smokes alittle?

the first thing that comes to mind on that desciption,is the FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR LEAKING.what happen is the regulator works off of engine vacuum it controls how much fuel psi is deliverd to the injectors.when they go bad fuel gets sucked through that little vacuum line going to it.causing an over-rich mixture at start up,an can flood the intake full of gas fumes an raw fuel.which will cause the hard starting.....just like in carberated car ......when it floods you have to hold the gas to the floor to clear it up.....then it runs fine.

to check this just start the engine an pull that vacuum hose off,see if any...ANY..fuel trickles out of the regulator if it does it needs to be replaced.LET me know what you find....oh....if i,m right ,be sure to get the oil changed immediatly,iv,e seen it damage engine,an catalytic converters from the excessive amount of fuel that made it into the oil.if thats o.k....give me some more symptoms that it does,an i can give you more things to check.....(the regulator is at the drivers side rear of the intake.kinda hidden under a small bracket)

I'm gonna get my man to check that out, cuz I'm useless under the car...and he's useless on FOREIGN cars....we'll see what we can come up with. BTW, it's a 91 2.3

THANX