New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

Hi im new :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

cali huh? youre far off from me!

Old 11-14-2005, 04:36 PM

No im not in cali... im in louisville ky.... but i have branches in almost every state

Old 11-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

so youre the heiress to the vinyl throne, so to speak?

Old 11-14-2005, 07:24 PM

I guess that you could say that... although i don't believe that by the time that i inherit all of the riches that we will still be working with vinyl... we have just opened out L.E.D. Division (kinda like what you see at walgreens) I hope to inherit all of THOSE riches! Signsare just not profitable enough for me!

Old 11-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

i,m new too this site also,so far its pretty cool. iv'e found out about this site from some of the customers who bring there isuzus to my dealership.they print out the info an give it to the service writer for additional info on fixing there vehicle.most of the info is pretty accurate.ISUZU has a similiar web site but its only available too dealership personel.and we talk to the enginers about concerns.it made me wonder where are these pepole finding this out?so i loged on one day an read all the questions an concerns...an i started replying back also....being that i,m a isuzu tech...i thought the info i can give can be very useful for pepole,mostly so they wont get tooken advantage of from BADDD shops.an save money from the wrong repair.so good luck to everyone an enjoy your ISUZU'S[img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2005, 01:58 PM

Hey... tech... question

in my 99 v-6 4x4 isuzu amigo am i supposed to be gettin 17 miles per gallon... b/c the ads 4 them said 27 which was the main reason i went with isuzu

if so what can i do to get better mileage?

Old 11-15-2005, 02:22 PM

this might help some:

Originally Posted by MPG Plus

Old 11-15-2005, 05:47 PM
    Super Moderator

trooperman list is very good to go by.the main things are tune-up items,tire pressure,YOUR driving habits,an any un needed weight.your amigo is still an s.u.v.,how many trucks do you know get great gas mileage.if you can get 27mpg on the highway your doingreally good.city usually about 18-13mpg.using synthetic oils also help a whole lot.not just with the engine but,trans ,differentials transfercase if 4wd.be sure to keep your engine oil changed on time everytime.an add some additives with it.isuzus naturally burn about 1qt per thousand,make sure it s not negelted or it will cost you a whole lot in the long run.all isuzu owners ive came across hate the gas mileage they get.,but keep in mind its still a TRUCK.

Old 11-15-2005, 06:33 PM

Thank You so much ya'll (kentuckian i know) i didn't think that it was possible for me to get that good of gas mileage but that was right about what i was gettin in my mustang and i did an even trade so im doin ok... at least now i know i won't get stuck in the snow I love this site... people are so friendly!

Old 11-16-2005, 02:56 PM

Hey isuzu guru i was lookin thru the site and saw this post see if you can help her....

I've recently run into a problem, see if this hits home with anyone, and if you have any ideas on what the problem is, please...share.

Whenever I get in to start my Amigo, it turns over...starts for half a second then cuts off, after doing this several times, I must push the gas all the way down and let it wind high and hard until it makes a sort of pop sound, like a backfire, then and only then will it stay cranked. This happens whenever the car needs to be cranked, even after having driven for a while. Dad changed the gas filter. Didn't change anything. He thinks it could be the injectors, but I had someone mention the TPS (throttle position sensor). That sounded good, but all the information I've read about the TPS mentions nothing about hard starts...only mentioning a rough ride and idle. Neither of which is a problem once I've started the car. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated, simply because cranking my car takes about 2-3 dollars in gas at a time...and we all know gas is getting out of hand $$ wise.

THANX, Charity

Quick Reply: Hi im new :)