New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

’97 rodeo sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:00 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
I have a '97 Rodeo from a friend that I am 'testing' to see if I want to buy it. There are several things wrong that, if I can fix them, I will probably keep it because it seems to be a good car. However, most of the problems seem to be electrical ones. The sunroof doesn't open, so how do I get to the motor, relays etc. that make this thing open? I suspect that the entire headliner board will have to be removed, but I'm hoping that there is a more simple step to check it out. The 'open-close' switch is good. I cannot find adesiginated fuse location for the roof. I do not have a service manual or even a owner's manual.

Also the rear window wiper doesn't open. I've been in the tailgate and all looks good. I suspect the switch itself on this one. All fuses are good.

So far the other problems are minor and I can handle them.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

Michael

Old 05-31-2008, 02:36 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
Yepper, the entire headliner must come down... which means most of the side molding, seat belts, etc must be removed first. Also, I suggest you have a friend help so that you don't "break" the headliner when removing it... sometimes they're a bit fragile.. oh, AND the sunroof's wired kind o funky... lots of fun things could go wrong, including a control module with a few relays, the motor, the switch, fuse, etc... It incorporates relays to reverse current. The motor is in the back right roof I believe... There is a cap I think about 3/4 of the way back on the headliner that can be removed (little plastic about the size of a quarter I think) Inside, there's themanual way to wind the roof open or closedwith a special key, or a electric drill with hex key bit.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>