New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

1990 Isuzu Trooper XL 4X4

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 PM

Hi, am new here. I am a full timer rv'er and have been all over the country. My old truck died and wasn't able to find any parts to rebuild the engine so I made a trade with some parts and got this Isuzu. Its not in bad shape but I am having a little trouble finding info on weather this can or can't be toad 4 wheels down and if so what positions for the transmission and transfer case. this one has the V-6, 5- Speed and a manual transfer case with the positions for 2 Hi, 4 Hi and 4 lo and doesn't show a Neutral position on the shifter. There is a company called Remco that makes driveshaft disconnect kits and they don't show one for this model and when I got a hold of a real person they couldn't find any info one way or another. I called the Isuzu dealership and they acted like I was speaking in a strange language or something so I have been bouncing around the web trying to see if it is or not towable. It is a neat vehicle and would be light enough for pulling behind our motorhome and new enough to find parts for. I really don't like the new stuff out there and I always loved the older vehicles as they have a personally of there own. If you have towed them all 4 down what was needed other than the draw bar and hitch.< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>