IF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with IF? Ask... Have a suggestion to better IF? Tell us here...

TOD CHECK LIGHT FLASHING

Old 03-15-2008, 05:56 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
Just put on two new tires to the front due to some really bad wear - rear tires were fine so I left them on. About a week later the CHECK light started flashing under the TOD SYSTEM display. The flashing only occurs when I driving Interstate Highway speeds - starts around 63 mph and goes away again at 70 mph. Any ideas. I haven't put it in 4 wheel drive since the flashing began, however I plan to drive to Cape Hatteras at the end of the month and I will need the 4 x 4 to fish the surf.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 03-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
check the tire sizes ,make sure they are the correct size to what belongs on the truck,verify this with the lable on the driver door,an if you bought just 2 tires make sure they are the same as the rear exactly.is they are correct you may have 2 transfercase speed sensors going bad,they are very expensive around 300 each.find a isuzu dealer an get them checked.the TOD system is very sensitive to tire size though.you cant change the size from what belongs unless some recalibration is done,an i,m not sure if this can be done with isuzus,but maybe with the off road enthusiates out there may know for sure.i know the dealerships dont offer it,
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>