Axiom drum brakes - Isuzu Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum

General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Old 09-10-2006, 11:43 PM

<DIV>I need to check the drum brakes on my axiom02. Not sure how to take them out. Do I need to remove the wheel hub? Most cars come out just after removing the wheel nuts and disengaging the hand brake. Any help whould be appreciated</DIV>
<DIV>Rolando</DIV>
Old 09-13-2006, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolando
<DIV>I need to check the drum brakes on my axiom02. Not sure how to take them out. Do I need to remove the wheel hub? Most cars come out just after removing the wheel nuts and disengaging the hand brake. Any help whould be appreciated</DIV>
<DIV>Rolando</DIV>

OK nobody knows how to do it!!! What about where to buy a repair manual?

Old 10-01-2006, 06:07 AM

Hope this helps with your drum brake removal:

Look at the wheel studs for a round clip. If they are there, use a wire cutters or other suitable tool to remove them. You don't have to worry about breaking or losing them. They are there to keep the brake drum from falling off while on the assembly line. They serve no purpose now. If brake lining is dragging on brake drum, back off brake adjustment by rotating adjustment screw. If brake drum is rusted or corroded to axle flange and cannot be removed readily, apply some rust penetrent and lightly tap axle flange to drum mounting surface with a suitable hammer.

you could also be guided by this: http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/ab_bra...e/0,2021,DIY_1 3682_2271408,00.html