Axiom Talk about Isuzu Axiom related topics here...

Axiom Catalyst Monitor Not Ready

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Default Axiom Catalyst Monitor Not Ready

HI folks,

Newbie.

At my wits end on this one.

I've got an 02 Axiom that won't pass emissions because the catalyst monitor won't come on. I have a code reader.

I had a couple MIL codes. First it was an O2 sensor.

I got the sensor replaced. 02 mil cleared. Sensor, Timing belt, serpentine belt and tranny service $980

They replaced the evap canister and solenoid and the emission code cleared on its own. $320

There was a tiny leak in the Y pipe and that got an entire new Y pipe for $400.

I'm working with a local shop and they are helpful but since no codes are lit and the exhaust is fixed, they can't figure out why the Catalyst monitor won't come on. It's been roughly 800 miles in all sorts of varying traffic conditions.

This is NJ. All monitors have to be ready.

I'm not against just reprogramming it somehow to ignore the catalyst. It's in good shape but this is just a vehicle that use to haul stuff and tow things on occasion. It'd be lucky to get more than 1000 miles a year from now on. It's been a real pain to get miles on it since it's not my normal commute vehicle.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:47 PM

HI folks,

Newbie.

At my wits end on this one.

I've got an 02 Axiom that won't pass emissions because the catalyst monitor won't come on. I have a code reader.

I had a couple MIL codes. First it was an O2 sensor.

I got the sensor replaced. 02 mil cleared. Sensor, Timing belt, serpentine belt and tranny service $980.

They replaced the evap canister and solenoid and the emission code cleared on its own. $320

There was a tiny leak in the Y pipe and that got an entire new Y pipe for $400.

I really appreciate with this forum.

Thank you.

view for free system