Axiom Talk about Isuzu Axiom related topics here...

2004 Axiom Radio Removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 12:14 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
I am looking for a simple set of steps to remove the factory radio on a 2004 Axiom. I need to access the antenna plug to install a FM direct connection from my sirius satellite radio.

Thanks,

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 02-28-2008, 08:29 PM

</>
if you are installing the sattelite radio it should come with an atenna kit. if not find the antenna and ground the wire from the antenna to the sateliteradio antenna...this should fix youre problem.If not email me and i will step u through it.thanks Nick
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 02-29-2008, 06:58 AM

Nick...

Thanks for the response, but I am not sure I understand what you mean by "ground the wire from the antenna to the satellitte radio antenna". here is my set up.

I have the satellite radio with the satellite antenna routed onto the roof. I then have a "FM extender" that plugs into the FM out jack on the satellite radio. i am tuning to the same station on my radio and satellite radio and the reception has quite a bit of static. By moving the FM extender antenna I can improve the signal but never to the point that the static goes away. I have seen a product take the FM out jack on the satellite radio and plugs directly into the antenna input on the head unit (it comes with an adapter to plug in the standard FM antennna) and it switches between the FM and Satellite depending on if the Satellite radio is on or off.

This is why I was trying to get to the back of the factory radio to plug such a unit in. If you havea better idea I am all ears.

Thanks,
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 09-09-2008, 08:39 AM

To pull the stereo out you must first remove the top piece that has the alarm led inside. There will be three screws up there to take out. Then pull the two side skirts on the bottom of the dash (driver and passenger side). This should free up the molding around the stereo. You will then see four more screws holding the stereo in. When I installed my XM, I was able to mount the modulator with double sided tape to the navagation brain inside the stereo housing. I simply wired red to 12v, black to any available ground and the antenna to the stock antenna. Hope this helps.