Amigo Talk about Isuzu Amigo related topics here...

NEW STEREO INSTALL

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 01:27 PM

I recently replaced my OEM stereo on my 2000 Amigowith a brand new CD stereo andall four speakers, Sony Xplod system. The install was simple enough, used "Install Doctor Link" was a big help. The speakers were more of a challenge. I was origianlly told that 6.5" speakers would fit perfect for the front and rear. Not so true. The rears used a 6.5 with alittle trim on the tabs on the speaker itself, and don't worry about the three screw pattern (most are four). Most speakers have universal sets of holes to work for both, well at least these did. The fronts were a challenge for I kept purchasing 6.5 speakers, which will not fit. Then just happened on information that some said that 5.25" would fit. They are a four hole config. Well, yes with some modification. I used the outside tabs with additional paper (absorb rattle) washers and fit them in the door holes. All this with no cutting on the panel or door and was very simple once I figured it out. Don't forget the wiring harness ($20 Best Buy or on line $5), highly recommended.I did cut off from the OEM speakers the snap connections, but you don't have to. Your best bet is to try the speaker fit prior to unpacking everything. Don't forget to solder all connections. The system cost under $200 for everything. Hope this helps and good luck. E-mail with questions.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:20 PM

have you got the color codes? Thanks!

Old 02-09-2007, 11:59 AM

The color codes are from A Metra/Eiawiring harness thatfit the 2000 Amigo and I believe is the same for the Rodeo and Passport of similar years. Check on line or with stereo install shops to make 100% sure.

RED-----12V IGNITION/ACC

YELLOW-----12V BATT/MEMORY

BLACK-----GROUND

BLUE -----POWER ANTENNA

BLUE/WHITE-----AMP TURN-ON

BLACK/WHITE-----AMP GROUND

ORANGE-----ILLUMINATION

ORANGE/WHITE-----DIMMER

BROWN-----PHONE MUTE

GRAY-----RIGHT FRONT +

GRAY/BLACK-----RIGHT FRONT -

WHITE-----LEFT FRONT +

WHITE/BLACK-----LEFT FRONT -

VIOLET-----RIGHT REAR +

VIOLET/BLACK-----RIGHT REAR -

GREEN-----LEFT REAR +

GREEN/BLACK-----LEFT REAR -

You will have to match the coordinating wires with the radio you will be installing. I found with the Sony radio some of the wiring was not used.

Good Luck

Old 02-09-2007, 03:30 PM

Hey thanks,
Yeah i found them and saved them as a .pdf if anyone wants them in the future. There was a couple missing like the illumination/dimmer so I can complete it now.
Cheers