Amigo Talk about Isuzu Amigo related topics here...

Fuel pump issues?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Question Fuel pump issues?

My daughter's 99 amigo w/ 2.2 liter 4 cyl

She spent a day running errands and parked at her friends house. When she went to leave-no start. Checked for spark, spark was there. Could not hear the fuel pump engaging. We went to pick it up the next day and on a whim, I told her to try it again. It started right up. It recently happened again after a long day of running around town. I checked the lines, while the engine was cranking and no gas was coming at all. could not hear the pump going. Checked for power at the relay, the fuse, and even dropped the tank and pulled the pump. Power was at the pump. Just for fun I plugged the pump in an it ran. I put the whole thing back together and it has started all day without problem.
Any ideas? Anybody ...Anybody...Beuhler...Beuhler

Please help

Old 01-06-2010, 12:54 PM

Could have had some dirt stuck somewhere in the lines. I have a 99 Amigo and accidently let the gas run out. My fuel gauge had been inaccurate for a while. But letting the gas run out was the final straw. My Amigo wouldn't start. I had to get a new pump module. Because the gauge and pump are 1 unit it fixed both my problems.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:54 AM

Thanks for your input. I have been driving it all week since I Dropped the tank and the problem has not repeated. I still haven't replaced anything except the fuel filter. Now the check engine light is on so maybe I can get clued into what's up through that.

Thanks again