Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Opinion on Buying 2000 Trooper Limited

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:45 AM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
Hi all... I'm in a kenundrum here... found a 2000 Trooper Limited with of course all bells and whistles... automatic... about 120k miles.. Test drove... it drove great... was going about 35 or so and decided to gun it... the truck lunged a bit, then nothing, then lunged again, then nothing, then fine and dandy sped right up... felt like a fuel isue... like water in tank or something??? Is this a more serious problem then I'm thinking it might be??? Carfax says no real issues, and that Timing Belt/water pump replaced at 88k...under a service waranty,and that it has had2 other service waranties contracts bought following auction to dealer to new buyer with lien/loan owners... Air conditioner also didn't blow out cold air, thought that may just be a recharge issue... also needs new ball joints according to safety check... price $4900... thought I'd purchase a 3 year service contract to cover my butt if I do purchase it.... what do you all think???? Does the fact that it' made it so many miles mean it's not a lemon like others I've read about here??? I read so much about either the thing blowing up in the first 60k or so miles (tranny, engine, etc) and then I read others saying they've never had a problem... is this one that maybe isn't a problem???? I've always been one who's owned cars I've loved with no problems only to later find out, after a hundred k, that Consumer Reports says they're the worst ever in reliability... so I need YOUR opinions....

Ken
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>