Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

91 Trooper Release Bearing Collar PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 06:16 AM
Default 91 Trooper Release Bearing Collar PLEASE HELP!

I am trying to get my 1991 Isuzu Trooper 2.8 V6 manual transmission fixed. It's in the shop getting several things done to it, but one of the main problems is the clutch is shot. The shop I have it at pulled the transmission to put a new clutch kit in it and found the release bearing COLLAR was cracked. The collar is what holds the release bearing and the clutch fork connects to the collar to pull the release bearing in and out.

The clutch kit they bought from NAPA had the release bearing, but not the collar that holds the release bearing. I have spent about two days looking for this part on the Internet; Rock Auto, EBay, Googled everything, called shops in AZ, CA, IN etc.. I can't find one anywhere and have been told Isuzu no longer makes them and never will again. I've posted requests looking for the part on two different Isuzu forums; Planet Isuzu, Isuzu Forums, no replies.

If I can't find this part or have the old one repaired, I am looking at buying a second hand transmission or just junking my Trooper. Supposedly the part was only $40 when you could buy one, so I can't believe a $40 part will be the end of this Trooper for me. The engine only has 150,000 miles on it and doesn't burn a drop of oil. When the clutch was working, the transmission shifted perfect, no noises or hard shifts.

I've owned four Isuzu Troopers of various years and was planning on getting this one back on the road and as money allowed restoring it to like new condition.

If anybody has any ideas of where I could get this part I would be very grateful!

Old 01-23-2019, 10:58 AM

Why can't the collar be repaired? Almost any material can be welded or brazed.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:18 PM

I was able to find one, but repairing the old one was an option.

Old 01-28-2019, 03:35 PM

I'm glad it worked out for you.