Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

91 Trooper LS questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 06:48 PM

Hi,

I have been driving a 1991 isuzu Trooper LS for some time now and I recently side-swiped a tree and did some damage to the both ride side passanger doors and the back right side-panel. I have found a junked trooper that has all of the necessary parts I need to repair mine body wise. However since my Trooper is an LS it has a plastic trim/mold line all around the car. Above the trim it is painted red and below the trim it is a dark grey. Here are some pics to show exactly what I am talking about...
&lt; =text/&gt; _uacct = "UA-939292-44"; urchinTracker(); </>

The impact from the tree took off the right passenger door trim, the trim over the back right tire, and part of the trim for the right back passenger door (which I am holding in my hand). My question is does anyone know of a place or website where I can order new trim/mold? I really need to get some soon.

Secondly when we bought the Trooper it had an aftermarket keyless entry and autostarter installed onto it. Awhile ago it broke loose from my key ring and who knows where it is now. I have some of the paperwork for it and it says that the product was bought from Directed Electronics Inc. Their website is Directed.com. Their page has several different brands of remote entries, I am not sure as to which one the one installed on my trooper was. It was installed in 2000 so it will now be 8 yeas old. Does anyone know anything about these aftermarket remote entries and if I can still get a replacement? Here is a picture of the control box that I found in my jungle of wiring under the steering wheel, it has the logo of the brand on it and directions to where to put the different color wires but not any additional information.

I am also planning on equipping a brush guard onto the front of my Trooper once I get it fixed to boost the looks of it and also to provide protection to my front lights and grill. I have been looking around online but with little success. Since the car is 17 years old accessories like that are becoming harder and harder to find. If anyone knows of any good places or websites that carries brush guards for first generation Troopers speak up please

-thanks
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>Edited by: AvalonSurfer739

Old 06-08-2008, 08:47 PM

I have a suggestion, I ditched the trim entirely and applied spray on truck bed liner from the trim line down, it is a practical fix if you go offroad often, also it is easy cheap and handsome, just a thought

Old 10-29-2008, 09:20 AM

The plasticized chrome trim will peel eventually, and unwrap itself from the back corners.You can remove it easily enough with only slight encouragement from a heat gun. The paint line is nice and sharp so it looks OK without the trim, or you can add a bedliner type spray as others have mentioned. The LS looks much better with no trim, than it does with bad trim.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:17 PM

I got a nice 91 this summer (have an 84 too). I saw a truck with the lower part done in the rough bedliner coating and was thinking about doing the same. It looks nice, and even better with flat black rims. If your not trying to stay stock, do it.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:17 PM

whoa kind of an old thread. I have solved my problem since then. I just didn''t put any trim back on when I gotthe trooper fixed and re-painted. although I am still skeptical on if it would look better if I got a new moulding set. Might I suggest to all Isuzu owners on here go to Planetisuzoo.com. That site is MUCH more active than this one and there are alot of guys over there who know what they are talking about. Here''s whatmy trucklooks like now