Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Rodeo Starter and Throttle issue???

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Default Rodeo Starter and Throttle issue???

Hello, I have a couple of problems - perhaps they're related....

Specs:
2000 Isuzu Rodeo
130,000 miles
2WD/4WD
6 Cylinder
Manuel

Recently my Rodeo has started having a problem. When I turn the key to start my car the engine doesn't turn over or anything. All that happens is that the engine "clicks". The lights and radio come on and I have tested the battery, which is fine. I have also replaced the spark plugs. After turning the key anywhere from 3 to a dozen times the car will start though occasionally the engine will sputter or turn over one time and then the next turn will start the car right up. The number of times it takes to turn the key before the engine starts also seems to be related to how long the car has been sitting. I am suspecting a bad Solenoid but if anyone has any other ideas, I'd appreciate them.

The second issue has only happened once but has me worried. After going through the startup routine today I put the car in gear and pulled out however when I pressed the gas peddle nothing really happened at all. The car wouldn't rev, the rpm's remained at just above 1000 and even though I was moving about 15 miles per hour the car would not accelerate though it would maintain the 15 or 20mph. After a minute of this I turned the car off and restarted it at which time the car operated totally normally. Anyone have any ideas on why this would happen? This is the first time it has happened but it seemed to be pretty severe and I'd like to fix it.

Could the two problems be related? I appreciate any help! Thanks...

Old 08-30-2011, 12:25 PM

Its your starter. I had the same problem with my 01 Rodeo. I had the started tested first, They said it was good,,, but in the long run... a new starter fixed my starting issues.