Isuzu  Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum

Isuzu Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/)
-   Rodeo (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/rodeo-17/)
-   -   My clutch went down to the floor (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/rodeo-17/my-clutch-went-down-floor-34363/)

security11122 04-27-2009 12:34 PM

My clutch went down to the floor

I have a 1998 Rodeo with 197,000 miles and the clutch has been feeling a bit soft. I could still shift with no problems but would have too bring the paddle up with my foot. This morning it was all the way on the floor with no pressure at all. What happened. The fluid was low the other day and i refilled it but the pressure didn't come back up. The only other time it did this was when it was very cold 19 degrees, a few months back. I just took it as extreme weather. I don't see any leaks.

ElectroGhandi 05-02-2009 06:38 PM

You probably need a new clutch, haha.

security11122 05-03-2009 08:39 AM

Hopeing it was just air in the line

Originally Posted by ElectroGhandi (Post 39583)
You probably need a new clutch, haha.

I took it to the mechanic last week hopeing it was just air in the line. but he said the slave cylinder and master was bad. two hrs, later and $300 dollars less in my pocket, It runs great again. I don't complain because of the milage on the truck. I just started using it for towing a 3,000 lb. trailer.
My friend needs a clutch in his 95 model but he is so hard on it when driving. He is use to a Ford clutch which is a lot heavier. I have seen prices over $300 for a clutch and plate, not including labor. I am not looking forward to that considering how heavy the box is.

ElectroGhandi 05-03-2009 09:27 AM

Haha good thing you didn't listen to me then :D I usually hang out at standardshift.com (a manual transmission forum) and they replace their clutches all the time, so I just figured that was the issue.

security11122 05-04-2009 10:12 AM

No problem, I do have a question i find that i don't have to engage the clutch until below 500 rpms and i come to at corner depending on speed take it in 2nd or 3rd gear. I can come to almost a complete stop in 2nd gear with no clutch, without the truck shaking or any protest from the engine. Is this normal?

ElectroGhandi 05-04-2009 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by security11122 (Post 39590)
No problem, I do have a question i find that i don't have to engage the clutch until below 500 rpms and i come to at corner depending on speed take it in 2nd or 3rd gear. I can come to almost a complete stop in 2nd gear with no clutch, without the truck shaking or any protest from the engine. Is this normal?

I've heard that if you have the car in a higher gear and you can come to a stop without it stalling, your clutch may need to be replaced. I can't definitively say whether you clutch is starting to get worn, however.

Here is another test to see if you clutch is in need of replacement--

Originally Posted by StandardShift.com
1. Get moving and put the car in 3rd gear or higher and low rpms, where you normally do not have enough power to accelerate quickly. Floor the gas. If the revs shoot up but the car doesn't go, you need a new clutch. If the engine bogs and the revs raise relative to the car's acceleration, your clutch is fine.

povar 05-18-2009 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by ElectroGhandi (Post 39592)
I've heard that if you have the car in a higher gear and you can come to a stop without it stalling, your clutch may need to be replaced. I can't definitively say whether you clutch is starting to get worn, however.

Here is another test to see if you clutch is in need of replacement--

Agree with you, man

security11122 05-19-2009 07:13 AM

Miles on your clutch

What the highest millage u seen on a man clutch? I have heard 200,000 miles but that seems hard to believe.