Isuzu  Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum

Isuzu Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/)
-   Rodeo (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/rodeo-17/)
-   -   Exhaust? (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/rodeo-17/exhaust-510/)

redneckrodeo 08-04-2006 01:40 AM

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">Hey guys i was wondering about exhaust i like alot of sound i know even with straights the rodeo just wont produce alot but i was wondering if anyone knows of any cat back systems for the rodeo or has anyone run straights sucessfully[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

rach6178 08-04-2006 06:09 AM

i know a guy who straightpiped a rodeo. it sounds like sh*t though...

imagine a 4cyl toyota pickup straightpiped. that's what it sounded like... haha.

but if you've got a v6 it might be different. i'd say take it to your local exhaust place &amp; have them fix it up. that's what i did for my boyfriends yoder... they put duals on it &amp; now it sounds like a chevy - haha whatever

redneckrodeo 08-04-2006 02:01 PM

Yeah it is a v6 but i still it just doesnt strike me as powerful enough to sound right thanx anyway

Gizmo42 08-04-2006 05:41 PM

Alot of guys take theirs to the muffler shop and have something made up. Most use Flowmaster 40 series and do either 2.25" or 2.5". I'm thinking of going with a Flowmaster 50 series, the 40's sound too rice-ish to me.

rach6178 08-05-2006 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by redneckrodeo
Yeah it is a v6 but i still it just doesnt strike me as powerful enough to sound right thanx anyway

you'd be surprised.

redneckrodeo 08-05-2006 06:29 PM

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">i think i might take it to the local muffler shop this week and see if he suggest anything and how big of a hole it is going to put in my wallet</TD></TR>
<TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="on">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

redneckrodeo 10-03-2006 10:48 AM

found a great exhaust not very loud but at idle sounds very powerful

Turbo Muffler

BlueRodeo 10-08-2006 09:57 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
yeah Flowmaster 40 series is usually a good choice. You'll get a nice deep rumble out of that. That's personally what I would use if I was going to do any mods to my Rodeo.

Gizmo42 10-09-2006 02:23 AM

I went with the flowmaster 50 series SUV muffler with 2 1/4 " pipe. It sounds really good if a little quiet. Does what I wanted though, gives me some sound without sounding rice-ish and gets rid of the barrel sized stock muffler.

nate783 11-12-2006 11:46 PM

I went on to summitracings web site and ordered a borla muffler for mine, yeah it cost 160 bucks which hurts but it comes with a million mile warranty and you arent going to have to screw with it again, and oh yeah, it sounds awesome!!! at lower RPM it stays mellow, but it has a very nice tone when above 3000RPM and on a scale of 1-10 10 being the loudest, i would say about a 6.5 when above 3000RPM, hope that helps!!!

tac503 08-17-2007 12:38 AM

you should check this site out it has cat back systems and headers for rodeos and i heard they sound pretty good

http://www.pureisuzu.com/cat_back_exhaust.htm

Gizmo42 08-17-2007 06:30 PM

The only person I know of that used a calmini exhaust on his had to extensivly modify it to make it work. They dont fit anywhere near correctly. For the same money just have a local shop custom bend one and install.

And nobody makes headers for the 3.2 Pacesetter had planned to make them but after flow testing they found there was very little difference between stock manifolds and their headers.