Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!!

2000 Trooper Fuel Leak Question

Old 01-27-2009, 03:10 PM

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and am hoping someone can shed some light on my fuel leak situation in my trooper. It''''s a 2000 Trooper LS (3.5L).

It''''s had a fuel leak forever and I think I''''ve replaced just about everything: fuel pump, clean air purge solenoid, pvc valve, and I had the two recalls on the fuel rail performed too.

When I''''ve taken it to the service shop it completely stops leaking, no fume smells and acts like it should. When I bring it back home it leaks. It smells pretty strong up in the cab when it''''s going through it''''s leaking mood. I''''m attaching this picture to show you where it''''s leaking. You can see where it''''s wet and dirty on the bottom right side of the photo (circled).

I don''''t know what it''''s leaking from. Do you guys have any idea why it would be leaking fuel from up inside this housing? I''''ve looked everywhere and it doesn''''t appear to be leaking on the outside from anything and dripping down. It seems to be coming from inside the housing. I''''m completely at a loss and would appreciate any guidance.

I should say too that sometimes when it''s sitting at an idle the fuel basically leaks out in a steady, non-stop way for quite a bit.

Thank you,

James[img]uploads/TexTrooper/IMG_90781111.JPG[/img]Edited by: TexTrooper