Isuzu  Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum

Isuzu Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/)
-   Pickup (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/pickup-25/)
-   -   problem with dash lights (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/pickup-25/problem-dash-lights-944/)

ericevans14 03-24-2007 01:40 AM

i have a 1988 isuzu pickup with the 2.3 i 4 after i start the truck all of the dash lights stay on the low gas low oil pressure and the brake light and o2 all stay solid no matter what i dothe blower motor wont work either i pulled it and hooked it to the batteryand it workshas anyone ever run into this problem before any help is apperciated Edited by: ericevans14

ericevans14 04-04-2007 05:30 PM

i replaced the alternator and that didnt help

1TLB 01-20-2008 03:49 PM

Start with a good shop manual and troubleshoot. It could be your fuse box or something as simple as a loose ground.</span>

< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>
Edited by: 1TLB

dragger 03-02-2008 06:18 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
my pick up had the same issue. the ligts would stay on and i pressed on the fuses and found that my problem was a short in the fusebox. so i went to a salvage yard and was very easy to cahnge....(try cranking the truck and press on the fuses)good luck .........nick
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

skitzobmxr 03-16-2008 03:42 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
ya mine flicker all the time..im not too worried about it i kno everythings working as it should so i just ignore the lights
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

DrFunkenstein 03-21-2008 12:13 PM

My '92 has the same issue...for the past 3 years, actually. Of course, the immediate thought is the alternator, but that didn't fix it. I determined that if I rev the engine to above an estimated 3500-4000 RPMs while driving in low gear (or idle for that matter, I just don't like doing it), the lights will go out, the interior fan will come on, and the alternator starts outputting normal voltage. I assume there must be some sort of short somewhere, so I will mess around with the fuse box (I assume the inside one) and see if I can find it. It's actually getting harder and requiring higher RPM's than before to get the lights to go out. It doesn't idle too well in this condition, so I guess I should take some time to figure it out.< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

94isuzupup 04-21-2008 11:06 PM

i have the same problem i fornd out it is the lil plug on the back off the alternator the lil plastic clip might be bad take a wire brush and see if there is any croded conetors trust me it has something to do with that

DrFunkenstein 05-22-2008 01:46 PM

Well, I would love to say it worked, but it didn't. I removed the connectors from the alternator. I cleaned the plastic plug connector and the posts on the alternator. I also replaced the butt-end connector I had installed in the return lead when a similar problem years ago caused me to run down batteries quickly. [ The inline plug connector on the return line got totally gunked out, but I didn't know that's what it was. My battery kept running down, so I replaced the alternator, and the battery ran down again. After much frustration, I finally spotted that connector, pulled it apart, and it was really nasty, so I just cut it out and replaced it with a butt-end connector.] When I checked it the other day, it was loose and worn, so I replaced it with a nice new one. So my connections and leads at the alternator are all good and solid, but my dash lights are still staying on. [img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img]

I guess I'll take a gander at the fuse box next....
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

93isuzu 07-23-2008 12:57 PM

I have the same problem with my dash lights turning on (o2,check eng.,ect) when I rev the engine they go off....the idles pretty ruff when the lights come on. does any body know what this might be? Thanks

TonlRinla 11-13-2012 10:34 PM

Timekeeping: How To Buy Your First $1,000 Watch| Ironically the resurgent popularity of the wristwatch has come about during an era of iPhones-as-pocketwatches and ubiquitous digital time. With technology largely unchanged since the 19th century mechanical timepieces are vestigial novelties in this modern age and they provide a nostalgic counterpoint to our gadget-obsessed culture. They also have a human quality from the hands that make them to the hands that wind them up. Ironically the resurgent popularity of the wristwatch has come about during an era of iPhones-as-pocketwatches and ubiquitous digital time. With technology largely unchanged since the 19th century mechanical timepieces are vestigial novelties in this modern age and they provide a nostalgic counterpoint to our gadget-obsessed culture. They also have a human quality from the hands that make them to the hands that wind them up. Venerable watch marques with familiar names are turning out beautiful new models alongside upstart boutique brands and more and more people are strapping on mechanical timepieces. So where do you start? Most new watch collectors aren't ready to drop $5 000 on a Breitling or Omega. But there are plenty of fine options for just about a grand. There are few things you need to know when you set out to make your first real watch purchase. Our thanks to Lexus and the all new CT 200h for helping make this month's features possible. Be sure the check out the most fuel-efficient luxury vehicle available. It's What's Inside That Counts While battery-powered quartz watches are lightweight rugged and accurate they lack soul. Nobody gushes over the stuttering tick-tick of a quartz second-hand and there are no display casebacks on quartz watches. A circuit board and battery don't inspire awe. Mechanical watches are micro-engineering marvels. Keeping time accurate to within a few seconds a day is the equivalent of hitting a one-inch by one-inch target a mile away with a bullet. Now consider that a mechanical watch does this using a collection of springs and gears with tolerances in the microns. The tiny machine you see when you remove the caseback is called the movement or calibre and it is the most important element when you choose your mechanical watch. So let's go through the basics. Automatic or Hand-wound? Lacking a battery a watch movement is powered by the steady unwinding of a tightly coiled strip of metal called the mainspring. Until the early twentieth century all watches had to be wound by hand daily; that is turning the crown of the watch until the mainspring is tight. The invention of the self-winding replica ono watches or automatic movement was a huge leap forward and meant that if worn regularly the watch would never require winding. A swinging weight inside the movement keeps the mainspring tight as you walk the dog cook dinner or lift a glass of wine. Whether you get an automatic or a hand-wound watch comes down to preference. Automatics require less attention if you wear it but some people like the daily interaction of winding the watch. Complications At its most basic a watch movement converts the released tension of the mainspring to drive the seconds minute and hour hands through their daily cycle. But adding peripheral gear trains to the movement can make the watch even more useful or whimsical by displaying the date the moonphase or a way to measure elapsed time. Anything other than the time of day is called a complication. While adding the date or even a gauge to tell how long the watch will stay wound is fairly simple the chronograph is a complex stopwatch complication that is as impressive as it is useful. Not to mention the certain je ne sais quois a chronograph lends to any wrist. Since it's really the movement that lends a watch prestige and value watch brands that design and make their own movements in-house are justifiably proud companies like Rolex IWC Audemars Piguet and Seiko. But most companies outsource the movement manufacturing to specialty companies in Switzerland or Asia and then put them into their own cases. In general the Swiss-made movements found in many mechanical watches are proven durable calibres that are also used by some top brands like Breitling and Longines. More Than a Pretty Face While what's under the hood is what makes it special the dial and case of a watch are what you have to look at every day. And it's here that you find the most variety. There are of course watches built for just about any use: diving sailing driving going to the moon dressing up or dressing down. But it really comes down to buying the one that suits your needs. And no no matter what anyone tells you there is not one watch that does everything well. So get the one that does most things well and suits your tastes. If you're someone who leads an active lifestyle and wants your watch to accompany you on your adventures you'll want something with a sturdy build and ample water resistance. Look for something with a minimum of 200 meters of water resistance and a scratchproof sapphire crystal. These watches are usually made from stainless steel or titanium and come on a metal or rubber band. A luminous dial and hands make it easy to check time at a glance whether you're exploring a dark shipwreck or jetlagged in a dark hotel room. If you prefer a less rough-and-tumble watch something for the office you'll trade off the water resistance and toughness for something slim enough to fit under a shirt sleeve. Dress watches are usually made from a polished metal typically steel or gold. They're often uncomplicated sometimes even lacking a seconds hand made to complement an outfit rather than be the center of attention. Chronographs not only look cool with their asymmetrical design protruding buttons and multiple subdials they're also useful. Time a meeting time your pasta take someone's pulse. There's an air of readiness for action about the chronograph replica ebel watches harkening back to the golden era of sports watches when pilots race car drivers and astronauts relied on their watches for timing critical events. No matter what type of watch you prefer some features to look for include a screw-in crown which provides added water resistance and a sapphire crystal which is virtually scratchproof. Metal bands with solid (not folded or hollow) links are more durable and won't rattle. Look for a leather strap with a folding clasp called a deployant which is a nice step up from the usual buckle. Name Dropping | A Few Suggestions We live in fortunate times. The resurgent watch industry means that not only are there more choices than ever competition has driven some high quality timepieces into an affordable price range. Here are a few examples all around a thousand dollars or less. Sinn 656 The Sinn 656 is a masterpiece of simplicity and durability. Sinn is a German company known for its pilot's watches. The 656 draws on that tradition with a highly legible dial and iron movement cover that protects it from magnetic fields. For just about a grand you get a Swiss automatic movement a screw-down crown sapphire glass and 200 meters of water resistance in a classic understated watch. Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro The Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro chronograph suggests an era of Coltrane fedoras and elegant wristwatches. Featuring a tried-and-true Swiss Valjoux movement visible through the glass display caseback a sapphire crystal and a crocodile strap this chronograph is possibly the best bang for your buck that you will find period. Seiko Prospex SBDC001 Since the 1960s Seiko dive watches have been favorites of divemasters and Special Forces alike. Their durability is renowned but they're also one of the few high quality mechanical watches that have an in-house movement. Seiko designs and builds all its own movements and the Prospex SBDC001 nicknamed the "Sumo " has the company's 6R15 calibre inside a 200 meter water-resistant classic dive watch. At about $600 you won't feel bad getting it wet. Tissot Visodate The Tissot Visodate is an updated version of one of Tissot's most famous historical timepieces. The Visodate movement has a day-date complication meaning it displays the day of the week alongside the date. It is an elegant dress watch conservative in styling and available in a gold or steel case on a leather strap �C perfect for swinging above your weight in the boardroom or a touch of class at dinner. A Word of Caution Timepieces are addictive and the ones we've featured here are often called "gateway" watches. Once you get a taste for quality mechanical timepieces it's easy to start growing a collection. But then again there are worse things you could spend your money on than time. Our thanks to Lexus and the all new CT 200h for helping make this month's features possible. Be sure the check out the most fuel-efficient luxury vehicle available. Disclosure: Sponsorship provided by Lexus via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Lexus. See the article here: Timekeeping: How To Buy Your First $1 000 Watch