Isuzu  Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum

Isuzu Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/general-tech-14/)
-   -   Brakes Squeal (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/general-tech-14/brakes-squeal-38174/)

bangarangbree 09-20-2011 02:07 PM

Brakes Squeal

I drive a 95 Isuzu Rodeo. Lately, my front driver brake has been making a bit of a grinding/squealing noise. It makes it intermittently and stops squealing when I apply the brakes. Sometimes it's louder, at other times it's barely noticeable. This happened on the passenger front a few months ago, and the culprit turned out to be a few pieces of gravel stuck in the rotor.

I took it by a local shop today because the noise was unbearable yesterday afternoon. No noise on the way there, by they way. The tech said that it was from a "rust ridge" on my rotor. However, he also said "That's why it makes the noise when you apple the brakes." But it stops when I apply the brakes and he just talked over me when I tried to explain this to him, and repeated that it was because of the rust and the pressure from the pads when I applied the brakes. I gave up trying to explain it to him.

So, my question is, would a rust ridge make my front disk squeal, even when I'm not using my brakes? Or should I take it elsewhere to continue the hunt for rocks if the noise persists?

Taylorcarter 10-15-2011 09:45 AM

the culprit turned out to be a few pieces of gravel stuck in the rotor.

thanks

electricpuppyboy 11-02-2011 11:27 AM

You'll probably have more luck here:
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/
It's a much more active forum, and not as much spam either.

TonlRinla 11-11-2012 08:02 AM

An Original COMEX Prototype Not Made by Rolex: The Watch That Helped Shape Deep-Water Diving| In the world of rare sport watches those made for COMEX are at the very top.? The thing is most watches made for the deep-sea diving unit utilized by most of the world's off-shore drilling companies have the Rolex crown on them.? We've featured an early 80s COMEX Sea Dweller and the last of the Submariners used by COMEX .? In both of the articles linked to above we mention COMEX's relationship with Omega and how the original PloProf was actually designed in conjunction with Jacques Cousteau to be used by COMEX. However the PloProf wasn't the only watch Omega gave to those crazy guys at COMEX in fact they gave them something called the Seamaster 1000.? And in what shouldn't be a surprise at this point we've found one.? However not just A Seamaster 1000 but rather THE Seamaster 1000 the prototype that was given to legendary diver and Cousteau comrade Jacques Monjoin.? Monjoin was a pioneer of deep water diving and led the COMEX Janus tests from 1968-1972.? The Janus missions were designed to test man's physical and psychological abilities when working at great depths.? This watch was worn by Jacques Monjoin on these tests.? We don't mean it's the same model we mean this is his actual watch. This Omega Seamaster 1000 Prototype is all original comes a certificate from Omega validating the claim that this is an original Prototype and a plaque signed by Henri Delauze the founder of COMEX .? This watch is one of the most interesting we've come across and truly something spectacular.? How rare and valuable is this watch??? Well watches given to everyday divers at COMEX sell for multiple times retail prices and they are almost always Rolexes.? In fact if you want a COMEX Rolex here's one for sale .? But if you want something truly amazing truly one of a kind this Prototype Omega made for COMEX to be worn by Jacques Monjoin is as good as it gets.? This watch belongs in a museum In the world of rare sport watches those made for COMEX are at the very top.? The thing is most watches made for the deep-sea diving unit utilized by most of the world's off-shore drilling companies have the Rolex crown on them.? We've featured an early 80s COMEX Sea Dweller and the last of the Submariners used by COMEX.? In both of the articles linked to above we mention COMEX's relationship with Omega and how the original PloProf was actually designed in conjunction with Jacques Cousteau to be used by COMEX. However the PloProf wasn't the only watch Omega gave to those crazy guys at COMEX in fact they gave them something called the Seamaster 1000.? And in what shouldn't be a surprise at this point we've found one.? However not just A Seamaster 1000 but rather THE Seamaster 1000 u-boat replica replica bvlgari solotempo watches the prototype that was given to legendary diver and Cousteau comrade Jacques Monjoin.? Monjoin was a pioneer of deep water diving and led the COMEX Janus tests from 1968-1972.? The Janus missions were designed to test man's physical and psychological abilities when working at great depths.? This watch was worn by Jacques Monjoin on these tests.? We don't mean it's the same model we mean this is his actual watch. This Omega Seamaster 1000 Prototype is all original comes a certificate from Omega validating the claim that this is an original Prototype and a plaque signed by Henri Delauze the founder of COMEX.? This watch is one of the most interesting we've come across and truly something spectacular.? How rare and valuable is this watch??? Well watches given to everyday divers at COMEX sell for multiple times retail prices and they are almost always Rolexes.? In fact if you want a COMEX Rolex here's one for sale.? But if you want something truly amazing truly one of a kind this Prototype Omega made for COMEX to be worn by Jacques Monjoin is as good as it gets.? This watch belongs in a museum. For more details on this amazing Prototype Omega Seamaster 1000 click here.? Read the original here: An Original COMEX Prototype Not Made by Rolex: The Watch That Helped Shape Deep-Water Diving