Axiom Talk about Isuzu Axiom related topics here...

Driver’s side cylinder head issue?

Old 12-17-2007, 10:14 AM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
I recently had to replace a driver's side cylinder head on my friends 02 isuzu axiom.The camshafts appeared to have starved for oil and the cam gear(sub gear) was frozen as well. I replaced the head then put it back together. It ran ok.. for 3 cylinders only the pass. side was running.. there is spark.. fuel on the driver's side. I haven't checked compression yet.. but I have quadruple checked the timing and I am very confident it is in time according to Alldata's specs. and procedures. The only dtc I really have is a p1312 using a snap on scanner.. which I believe is no o2s activity. but would be normal considering that entire bank on the driver's side is inactive.

My next thing to check is compression.. I haven't done that yet.. I did remove the plugs to see what it was doing. and it was definitly pushing air out.. but I dont' have a reading yet I also sprayed starting fluid around the intake gasket.. as good as I could get to it. there was no kind of reaction to that.

Has anyone ran into something like this.. ?? Is there any kind of camshaft crankshaft reset or relearn procedure that may need to be done?
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>