Isuzu  Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum

Isuzu Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/)
-   Axiom (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/axiom-16/)
-   -   Check Engine Light (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/axiom-16/check-engine-light-552/)

wesva 09-02-2006 10:10 PM

02 Axiom XS check engine light consistently a problem. Was in for repair 4 days to replace fuel pump and a sensor in the transmission. This repaired problem with fuel guage so now I know how much gas is in tank. Check engine light is back on. Cannot met the emission test requirement until get the check engine light fixed. Very frustrated with the CEL consistently staying on.
Suggestions how to get permanently repaired?
Has 54500 miles

ISUZUGURU 09-03-2006 12:13 PM

what code is it?you forgot to mention the most important part[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

wesva 09-03-2006 03:58 PM

The only thing I know is that there is a check engine light that has
come on. This has been a continually problem with this vehicle.

Perhaps there is a code that I do not know where to find?

thanks for your help.

ISUZUGURU 09-03-2006 09:08 PM

some local parts stores offer check engine light readings for free.like advance an autozone.take it there an let them tell you what the code is an write back to me.they will give you a brief description of what it is an try to tell you a fix,but the employees rarley know what there talking about.they are just telling you what the scan tool reads.i best guess is proably an oxygen sensor or egr flow insuffient or an evap problem.i,m assuming the vehicle still runs normal to you also.get the code number an write back i can tell you how to get rid of it permantly.

wesva 09-05-2006 10:24 PM

Code is P0440

ISUZUGURU 09-06-2006 06:11 PM

PO440,IS A EVAP LEAK.USUAULLY ITS JUST AS SIMPLE AS THE FUEL CAP NOT TIGHT,OR IT DOESNT HAVE THE ORIGINAL ONE ON IT.IF ITS TIGHT AN NOT THE AFTERMARKET.THEN YOU DEFINATLY NEED TO TAKE IT TO DEALER AN LET THEM DIAG FOR YOU.THERE IS A SPECIAL MACHINE THAT PSI THE SYSTEM FOR SMALL LEAKS.LIKE VACUUM LINES OR FUEL PUMP SEAL,AN EVEN THE FILLER NECK.THERE IS ALSO A SENSOR ON TOP OF THE FUEL TANK THAT MONITORS FUEL TANK PRESSURE THAT MAY BE FAULTY.CHECK YOU FUEL CAP FIRST AN LOOK UNDER THE HOOD ALONG YOUR RIGHT,SIDE OF THE INTAKE UNDERNEATH THE PLASTIC COVER THERE IS A HOSE WITH A GREEN CAP ON IT.FOLLOW THOSE LINES AN MAKE SURE THEY ARE CONNECTED AN NOT TORN.THOSE ARE THE MOST SIMPLE CHECKS YOU CAN DO YOURSELF BEFORE TAKING IT TO A SHOP.AN NO THE VEHICLE NOT LEAKING GAS.NEWER CARS HAVE TO SEAL IN FUEL VAPORS TO CUT DOWN ON EMMISIONS.DOENT EVEN EFFECT THE WAY THE CARS RUN.

MASTERTECH 12-05-2006 12:14 AM

if the fuel pump assembly was just replaced the the o-ring on the top of the pump is the problem, some people don't replace them when the do a fuel pump, or they get a lot of fuel on them and they swell up and don't seal

DARKRHETT 10-17-2008 04:07 PM

often a fule pressure sensor gone bad too. If you are having inaccurate gas guage readings then this might be the problem as well