Amigo Talk about Isuzu Amigo related topics here...

squeeeky summumubich

Old 02-08-2008, 11:27 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
First off, I'm not being lazy...not to lazy anyway. It's to friggen cold in BFE Northern MI to be dicken with this problem right now so I'm just gonna ask instead of freezin my boys off in -10F and 5 ft snow. PROBLEM: Every time I hit a bump or pothole, lots of those up here, the fricken tailgate squeaks like a chicken sh*ttin' sand burs. I'm thinkin' it's the weather stripping at the bottom of the gate but I've got no place to work on it and since it's cold- if I take the rear window off to open the tailgate I'll have to wait 6 months for it to warm up enough to get it back on. Anyone else have the severe squeakin' out of their rear, and if so, when it warms up is it an easy repair. I've added some 1/2 inch bumpers to the gate where it meets the body but to no avail. The gate is still solid, no sway or play and no rust...just makes it hard to concentrate on dodging potholes and fellow hillbillies with all that noise back there.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 08-14-2008, 11:27 PM

Funny Dude. Not your problem, but question. Anyways, wish I had a solution for ya. What about even bigger bumpers? My guess is the weatherstripping. Did you ever figure this out?

Old 08-17-2008, 10:50 PM

no luck yet pacman, best thing I did was move from Michigan to west of St. Louis, nicer roads and less snow. Must have fixed itself with the lack of washboard highways down south cuz I haven''t thought ''bout it till you mentioned it. I''m sure it''ll return now that I''m lookin'' for it...well, thanks for reminding me....

Search this Thread