Amigo Talk about Isuzu Amigo related topics here...

Intelligent Suspension Control

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 03:55 PM

Hi All,

I have a 2000 Ironman Edition Amigo with the ISC or Intelligent Suspension Control. The control light has come on in the dash board and i've been everywhere looking to fix it. Does anyone have informaiton on how to correct this? I noticed that its coming on and off at randon which tells me it may be a loose wire or fuse somewhere. ANY insight would be helpful. I've looked for hours online, bought the hanyes manual, even tried to contact my local Isuzu dealership without any information. The dealership wants like 900 bucks to change out the shocks but they are in good shape.

Thanks for any help

josh

Old 02-05-2007, 09:54 PM

If they say the problem is in the shocks it is because the rear shocks have sensors and ride height controllers in them (inside the shock) the front have sensors on the top of them and can be changed without changing the shock, the light going on and off is because there is a short in the system found be one of the shock sensors or the g-sensor mounted by the left rear shock could be shorted, I have fixed a few with replacing the sensor. What codes are in the system? If you don't like the price the dealer is giving you how close is the next dealer? , where are you located? I may know a isuzu tech near you

Old 02-06-2007, 12:20 PM

Im in the roanoke VA area. Strange thing is that its been really cold here the last few days and the ISC light stays off until I start driving the amigo, then after about a couple of miles the light cuts on again. The Isuzu dealership couldn't tell me what the problem was, they said that replacing the shocks would correct it, but I don't think they know what there doing, after all the guy I talked with there said that has never seen an Isuzu with ISC. When i go 4x4 in the woods i notice that the ISC system runs great, no issues, so I think that theres a short somewhere. How easy is it to replace this g-sensor? Is it a module of some sort? Thanks for the insight thus far.......

Old 02-06-2007, 08:59 PM

Its not hard to replace that g-sensor, only held in by 2 10 mm head bolts, Did you goto first team isuzu, or duncan isuzu, ask if there tech is a master tech, if you paid diag fee they should give you the code if you find out the code or codes I can help you

Old 02-06-2007, 09:17 PM

i talked with a guy from First Team. I will try to head over there this week and get the diag codes form them and Let you know. Thanks for your help. This is the second AMigo I have owned, the first Ironman Edition...... I have found just about everything for the SUV that I need, except the ISC. Ill keep you posted. Thanks again!

Josh

www.calvarysupply.com/amigo/008.jpg

www.calvarysupply.com/amigo/009.jpg

www.calvarysupply.com/amigo/amigo20.jpg