Isuzu  Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum

Isuzu Forums - Isuzu Enthusiasts Forum (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/)
-   Amigo (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/amigo-19/)
-   -   check engine light (https://isuzuforums.com/forum/amigo-19/check-engine-light-665/)

biglou 11-10-2006 07:13 PM

I have a question I have a 99 amigo 2.2 the check engine light comes on for about 3 days and then goes off for the same amount of time. I have had it to isuzu and 2 other mechanics and it comes up misfire and cam sensor whcih i have changed and it still does the same thing. Ihave changed the egr valve both 02 sensore plugs wires cam sensor computer map sensor coil pac injectors and about everything else and it still comes on and goes off. Anybody have any ideas,I'm at a loss.the motor runs mint and doesn't miss.Has anybody run into this problem.thanks LOU

Dennis 01-04-2007 01:30 PM

I have a 2000 and the check engine light comes on when the fuel light comes on and is below 1/4 of a tank. Once filled up and running it will eventually go away. I don't know of that the issue but I have experienced this.

biglou 01-08-2007 03:47 PM

Hi Dennis yeah mine goes on and goes off every couple of days of driving.It's only a backup car and I bought a v6 one that Im putting a motor in and want to sell this one but I don't want to sell with the light on .Thanks lOU

Dennis 01-08-2007 04:41 PM

Great, Best of luck, and when your trying to sell don't forget to show the statement on the gas cap about the engine light, this might also help sell it.

Dennis

bradvillani 02-14-2007 12:24 AM

u may have a cloged catilytic converter, i did in my 98 amigo and it ran teriable, i hust cut it out and put in a piece of stright pipe and it runs better than ever

isuzus 02-14-2007 11:43 PM

ok 2 things isuzus are really sensitive when it comes to plugs,have seen many come in to the dealership with a cel and a misfire code but appears to be running fine replace with factory plugs and it never comes back,the other thing with the 4 cyl engine its notorious for the head gasket leaking particularly on the #4 cyl

MASTERTECH 02-16-2007 09:22 PM

there is some more things also, cam sensors and when you have the plugs out look for carbon tracked wires they are bad about this, I have seen more vehilcles with cam sensor failures. Also if it is a cam sensor and you don't replace it, it may melt and get into the timing gears on the cams and then you will have major problems

biglou 02-16-2007 11:25 PM

I changed the cam sensor and the light still comes on.It is getting better though,now sometimes it stays off for a week

MASTERTECH 02-19-2007 09:32 PM

after the cam sensor is change you must do crankshaft position sensor relearn, to do this you need a tech 2, or take it to your isuzu dealer and let them know you changed the cam sensor

biglou 02-19-2007 09:46 PM

Hi I called the only Isuzu dealer near me and they said they didn't know of any procedure.I called another one in a diferent state and they knew about it,but I'm not driving there thanks LOU