Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Trooper Start Up Issues

Old 01-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Default Trooper Start Up Issues

Hi Everyone,

I own a 1999 Trooper, so recently I've replaced the battery, alternator, and starter within the past year.

The day after I came home from work, my car wouldn't start any more. The only way I am able to start the car is if I step on the gas. also all my cluster/instrumental lights stay on without the car being in the ignition. i've had the battery tested also. Once I let my foot off the gas the car will engine will die by itself. It seem's like the car isnt getting gas or something electrical is wrong. thanks for any tips/help guys

Old 01-19-2011, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by kelviiv
Hi Everyone,

I own a 1999 Trooper, so recently I've replaced the battery, alternator, and starter within the past year.

The day after I came home from work, my car wouldn't start any more. The only way I am able to start the car is if I step on the gas. also all my cluster/instrumental lights stay on without the car being in the ignition. i've had the battery tested also. Once I let my foot off the gas the car will engine will die by itself. It seem's like the car isnt getting gas or something electrical is wrong. thanks for any tips/help guys

I want to say that it sounds as if you have a fuel delivery issue, but, the light issue confuses me, and leads me towards possibly electrical. I would suggest, popping the hood and checking every conection, and plug. Pay special attention to your ground straps. I have seen some weird stuff happen when you lose a ground wire.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:39 AM

I will be sure to check that today jeff.

I am unsure the reasoning for why all the lights are on also. I need to disconnect the battery so I don't drain it >.<