Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Buying decision, just joined in!, help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 01:28 PM
Exclamation Buying decision, just joined in!, help!

Hi all,

Glad to be here. I used to work at a GM plant where Troopers where built!, and I remember that was the only vehicle I felt comfortable in, of all those that were manufactured there...

I just joined the forum, and have some people close to me own Troopers but not available to give me much input. I like them (Troopers), of course, but need some info. to convince my significant other to purchase one before I even mention it to her... They say down here that Trooper parts are expensive and hard to find, not to mention the low MPGs' figures. Among others, I currently own a 1993 Subaru Legacy wagon (which I would trade-in if given a good price) fine vehicle, which is getting old and requiring several repairs after taking quite a beating from my family, and I'd like to replace it with a newer/tougher SUV. The Trooper is one of my top choices. BTW, I am a former full-size Bronco owner. Another complaint I hear is the Trooper's handling/road-holding.

In short, I need a reliable, comfortable and off-road capable vehicle. What would you say, in your experience, are the main pros in considering buying a Trooper? (I am looking at a 1997-2000 model year). Thank you all in advance...