Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

93 trooper lifter fix?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 05:51 AM

Hey guys...My bro sent me here for the best advice....I have a 93 trooper thats ticking from lifters I believe and hear that its a common problem. Was wondering if theres anything that I can do to make a fix or is it goin to be a new motor for me? Also the other day my rear end felt like it was goin to break off. Only occures when I put a load with a turn. I know that its comming from the back. I checked the shocks but no luck there..Im thinking maybe a bearing broke somewhere. any help would be greatly appreciated.Antonicus little bro!

Old 06-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

the only correct lifter fix is to pretty much replace the entire valve train.lifters,rockers,pushers,rods,this was a bad design from isuzu.if you didnt change your oil religiously they wore out quickly.it doesnt do anymore damage,just the irritating noise.if you have over 100k or so.its proably not worth the hassel,at the dealer we charge about 1500 for the repair.amazingly somepepole still will pay for the job though.the rear end noise on turns only on turns may be as simple as changing the fluid an readding the limited slip additive unless something has definatly broken.

Old 06-02-2006, 02:29 PM

WOW!!!! yeah I dont know about spending that much for a rebuild but if you dont think that it wont do anymore damage then ill probably drive it the way it is for a while untill I figure out a motor swap. maybe throw in a newer V6 motor if possible. Ill be checking the rear end here soon. Thanx for the information Guru. Im pretty sure Ill be back in no time for more help[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

next time you change the oil,switch the viscosity to 20/50.or adding good oil additives.theres a product out there called lucus .works really well with any high mileage engine.may even help quieten the valve train some.i use it in my dodge caravan it helps with the oil burning.we,ve all seen the dodges out there that smoke cause of the valve guide problem they had for those yrs.lucus works really good for that.i got 180k on that van now an still going.

Old 06-27-2006, 10:42 PM

Try using the thinnest oil you can find, like synthetic 0w30.That's the only thing that's workedfor my 95 3.2L since it was a 75k baby. Now at 170kI know it's time for an oilchangewhen thetick starts upagain,then it's goneafterwards for another 3k.Your rear frame bushings might be worn out, causing the noise under load/turns, another problem I solved on mine after trailering a heavy load.