Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

2000 Trooper will not turn over...help please!!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Default 2000 Trooper will not turn over...help please!!

I've got a 2000 isuzu trooper, haven't had any issues with it till today, the only thing i noticed weird was today it hesitated a little bit before starting. My girlfriend was the last person to started and i was present when it happened (like i said it hessitated) when i went to pick up the car from her house, the door had been left open and the interior light on, so i assumed the battery was dead. I proceeded to jumpstart the car, but the 1st 2-3 times it would barely turn over at all, so i waited a little bit to let it charge more. I tried to start it again and it would not turn at all, it would just go click everytime i tried.
I turned the lights on to make sure it looked charged, and it did compared to the car next to it they were actuall y brighter. I also unlocked all the doors manually to reset or deactivate the alarm to no avail. Does this mean my starter is out? or could it be just wiring? or could it be some anti theft mode not letting start the car.
Any info would be helpful
Thank you

Alex

Old 07-16-2009, 12:01 PM

my '93 trooper has the same problem and i dont have the anti theft system so that is definately not your problem

Old 08-12-2009, 02:56 AM
Default have you had your alternator checked???

i also own a 2003 skyroof trooper...experienced the same kind of problem before...had it checked at a local auto electrical shop and it turned out some kinda diode or something in the alternatore brokedown...after replacing the said part...everything was back to normal...OR your problem might also be caused by a busted fuel injector....i've also experienced it with my troop by the way, had it fxed at an isuzu dealership (costly repair i'm telling you ...), but after the fix...everythings goin smooth...just hope the black smoke and bad smell could also be fixed! good luck...pece

Old 08-12-2009, 04:34 PM

My '92 trooper does the same damn thing. My batteries had too much of that foamy stuff on the conductors. Works like a charm now!

Old 08-13-2009, 07:42 AM

Mine did this a couple of hours ago. Loose connection on one of the +ve battery terminals.
I was suspicious when the voltmeter shot up to 16v this morning

Old 08-29-2009, 04:52 PM

've got a 2000 isuzu trooper, haven't had any issues with it till today, the only thing i noticed weird was today it hesitated a little bit before starting. My girlfriend was the last person to started and i was present when it happened (like i said it hessitated) when i went to pick up the car from her house, the door had been left open and the interior light on, so i assumed the battery was dead. I proceeded to jumpstart the car, but the 1st 2-3 times it would barely turn over at all, so i waited a little bit to let it charge more. I tried to start it again and it would not turn at all, it would just go click everytime i tried.
I turned the lights on to make sure it looked charged, and it did compared to the car next to it they were actuall y brighter. I also unlocked all the doors manually to reset or deactivate the alarm to no avail. Does this mean my starter is out? or could it be just wiring? or could it be some anti theft mode not letting start the car.

I really appreciate with this forum.

Thank you.

view for free system

Old 09-09-2009, 04:27 AM

I guess,the best thing to do is check the battery and wiring.See if those two are the reasons.If not,i suggest ask a professional to check what happen.Commonly it's a loose wiring but differs in every situation.