General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Part identification / help! Off 3.2l 01 honda passport

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Default Part identification / help! Off 3.2l 01 honda passport

Hopefully someone can help me ID what this part is. I think it is a sensor. I will attach a photo of it and its location! THANK YOU!!!

HERE IS WHY:
"Hi all, I wish I found this forum sooner, I never thought to try and Isuzu forum instead of Honda for my passport. I should have since it's an Isuzu I have with the Honda logo on it basically. Anyway, my problem is pretty much how my title reads. I was overheating, decided to change the thermostat not realizing what all that was going to involve. I swapped it out, reassembled, and she just cranks but never even tries to start. I will add also that she sounds different right now while cranking then usual. I am getting fuel, and I did check spark on 1 of the plugs and do have it. Fuses look good, I read online to check the crankshaft sensor however I am getting spark so I think that shouldn't be it? Everything looks to be plugged in, no extra parts lying around.

So, there is this part that I cannot seem to find anything about anywhere online or in the auto parts stores. The reason I want to look into it is because I did kinda abuse it a little bit when I was trying to reach a hose clamp, it got yanked and squished some and it could have broke and if it is something that could cause the problem I am having I would like to replace it, but still no idea what it is! It is located on the passenger side, up in the front of the engine to the right right below the valve cover. It is a black box with the code 250/2.2 R80G :A and has a logo that is an M inside a box. I can't find ANYTHING on this sucker!"

Attached Thumbnails Part identification / help! Off 3.2l 01 honda passport-img_1839.jpg   Part identification / help! Off 3.2l 01 honda passport-img_9831.jpg   Part identification / help! Off 3.2l 01 honda passport-img_7213.jpg   Part identification / help! Off 3.2l 01 honda passport-img_0151.jpg