Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

P1326, 01 Rodeo starts hard runs terrible

Old 06-03-2008, 03:03 PM

&lt; src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/&gt; </>Well here's the deal now: They replaced the Ion sensing module with a used one and it made a big difference. Whereas before you really couldn't start it and keep it running at all. It would cough, sputter etc; just plain all around terrible. Now, the symptoms are that that it does take some cranking to start, but it will start and you can now actually rev it up and run it. But, it still will not idle and from what I am told the drivers side of the engine is running rich. The diagnostic code now appears to just be P1326. The new plugs that were put in were NGK irridium. Should these be OK or not? At any rate, I told them to put my old Denso's back in to see what that does if anything.

UPDATE: My old plugs were put back in with the result being that it runs slightly worse; so in essence, no difference.

I believe, the code I am getting purely points the sensing module, could I have another bad or suspect one since it was a used one? Any ideas as to what to check next? Thanks &lt; =text/&gt; _uacct = "UA-939292-44"; urchinTracker(); </>
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>Edited by: deano86

Old 06-05-2008, 07:46 AM

Any thoughts on just getting code 1326 now? We are getting another sensing module just to remove all doubt with it being the cause considering the code we are getting and the fact thatthere was improvement with the last one we putin. But, I have my doubts thatanother one willchange anything.There must be something else causing this condition Iwould think.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:38 PM

Has me stumped. I dont hold much hope of a different module changing anything, its not a common item to fail.

Only other things I can think of is fuel pressure regulator or clogged fuel injectors messing up the spray pattern.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:46 AM

Ya, this problem is a real doozy. The second Ion sensing module changed nothing, but based on the code we were getting, it helped to eliminate it totally from the equation. As it stands now, the vehicle starts hard, but you can get it going and if you rev it up to around 3000 rpms, it smooths out real nice. It just wont idle properly and run at lower rpms it seems. An injector flow test was performed and they checked out fine. They also were able to confirm that the mass air flow sensor is OK. Since, there was an improvement with the 1st ion sensing module, Is it possible the ECM or brain could have been damaged also somehow? It would seem there are only 2 things left; the computer or bad harness I guess. The techs did do some checking with the harnesses also; wiggling and pulling on them to see any differences; nothing here either.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:32 AM

Well I''ve come to find out that the shop that was working on my vehicle messed up the timing and had it off by one tooth on the crank; making it off by 2 at that cam. This then probably bent my valves and caused what I am now getting as far as the poor compression onall three cylinders on the drivers side of the engine. 40-60 psi. This information was provided by the second shop I decided to take my vehicle to. The first shop said they measured compression right away on my truck and it measured normal. But, they also messed with my timing belt and check for sheared cam pins on a couple different occasions. So, in essence they scapped my vehicle. It will be way to expensive to properly fix this engine in comparison to what it is worth. Do I have any recourse for compensation from the first shop? What are my scrap options? The vehicle is in good shape otherwise, body,frame, tranny, etc. Thoughts?