Axiom Talk about Isuzu Axiom related topics here...

Fog Light Bulb Replacement

Old 11-09-2006, 04:37 AM

I'm looking for information on replacing a burned out fog light bulb on my 02 Axiom. The bulb recently failed, and I can't find any information on replacing it. I'm not sure if it can be replaced? I don't see why they would make a Fog Light that couldn't be replaced when the bulb burned out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bob P.

Old 11-20-2006, 11:01 PM

Yes, I've had to replace bulbs several times on my 02' Axiom. It's a pain in the butt, but it can be done. You will need a mirror and a flash light to make things easier. Hope you have small hands. First slide the rubber boot off the back of the light. Then, while using your mirror, release the metal spring clip from the back of the bulb. Unplug your wire, and remove your bulb. Now be careful not to touch the glass on the new bulb, if you do, you'll be doing this whole mess again in a few days. Now, on your bulb, you'll notice a notch on the metal base. Line that up the way it's supposed to be inside the housing. Now here comes the fun part. Hooking the spring clip. Oh, BTW, to take the clip off, you have to push and slide it at the same time, do the sameto put it back on, just remember how you took it off, it'll be a whole lot easier, but still a pain in the rear. Last, re-attach the wire, and slide the rubber boot back on and you done. Hope this helps you out. Good luck.

Jimmy G.

Old 11-24-2006, 05:19 AM

Thanks for the info, sounds like I've got one hell of a project ahead of me, just to change a bulb! But I'll give it a shot! Thanks Again!

Old 06-16-2010, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bigjaybo
Yes, I've had to replace bulbs several times on my 02' Axiom. It's a pain in the butt, but it can be done. You will need a mirror and a flash light to make things easier. Hope you have small hands. First slide the rubber boot off the back of the light. Then, while using your mirror, release the metal spring clip from the back of the bulb. Unplug your wire, and remove your bulb. Now be careful not to touch the glass on the new bulb, if you do, you'll be doing this whole mess again in a few days. Now, on your bulb, you'll notice a notch on the metal base. Line that up the way it's supposed to be inside the housing. Now here comes the fun part. Hooking the spring clip. Oh, BTW, to take the clip off, you have to push and slide it at the same time, do the sameto put it back on, just remember how you took it off, it'll be a whole lot easier, but still a pain in the rear. Last, re-attach the wire, and slide the rubber boot back on and you done. Hope this helps you out. Good luck.

Jimmy G.
This is one way to do this but I prefer to open the hood reach down between the grill and radiator with 12mm wrench and unbolt the housing bracket (2 bolts). This way I can remove the fixture to change the bulb (AC Delco 9006b, or Sylvania H3) and simply reinstall the housing fixture after I'm done. After unbolting the fixture you can easily turn it around to remove the rubber boot, wires and clip. Vice versa to reinstall. Works like a charm and easier to do.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:20 AM

Line that up the way it's supposed to be inside the housing. Now here comes the fun part. Hooking the spring clip.