Pickup Talk about Isuzu Pickup related topics here...

1990 isuzu pickup idled high,,why?vaccum?

Old 02-13-2009, 11:04 PM

have a 1990 isuzu pickup i think 2.6 liter manual shift,over the course of a yr can be started and its fine idled fine like its supposed to,,,then like recently a few weeks ago,,,went to start and its idled high tried adjusting the idle screw on carburator but nothing happend if i turn screw up it does idle more but turning down almost til screw is almost out nothing,has done this before and idle screw was adjusted to turn idle down some and it was fine then like it straightened out by it self or corrected it self idle screw that was turned down was by now too low so turned idle back up to correct(weird),,some one said a hose vaccum leak,,,,i have checked some to see if a hose is off or somthing will try again looking harder to see if a hose is broken or off,,,any suggestions guys,,,,has anyone had this problem before ????fill me in thanks maestro379!denver

Old 02-26-2009, 02:56 PM

whoever told you it was vaccum leaks is a smart person....

i would be willing to bet one of my parts trucks on it.... if even just ONE of the vaccum lines looks brittle dried or cracked at all then REPLACE ALL OF THEM!!!! the 2.6''s don''t like vaccum leaks AT ALL they''re very testy about them.... and it''s only like $12 worth of vaccum line to do all of them.... it will help more than just your idle too!!!! just take your time and do it line at a time so you don''t get them mixed up because this will make it act even more retarted....

if it''s not the vaccum lines (which again i''m almost sure it is) then it''s the coolant temp sensor or you have an air bubble that needs to be bled in the coolant system.....

post back.... lemme'' know...