Amigo Talk about Isuzu Amigo related topics here...

dummy lights

Old 03-02-2009, 09:29 PM

On my 90 Amigo when I start it up the oil,brake,seat belt and gas lights stay on and the heater blower motor doesn''t run.But when I rev it up to 3000rpm or so the lightsgo out and the blower motor kicks on.I replaced the battery,alternaror and regrounded all the ground straps on the motor but nothing has helped.Also,when I drive it 10 miles or more and shut off the engine and try to restart it it dies off.It doesn''t matter if I try to rev it or not it just dies.Let it sit 15 minutes or so and it starts right up.Any suggestions?

Old 03-04-2009, 11:16 PM

well i dont know about the revving part, but its definetly the alternator having issues. hope that helps

Old 08-31-2009, 08:23 PM

Yes.... I have a 1990 Isuzu Amigo and this problem dogged me for the first year or so I owned it. It would most often happen at start up, but sometimes would happen a minute or two later. It was very difficult to pin down the pattern and more than a few techs were stumped the first year or so I had the vehicle. The air conditioner would not come on when the problem was happening and the O2 light would also lock on.

I finally got lucky when the local Isuzu where I was stationed "installed a charge relay." At least that is what the December 1991 invoice I am looking as says.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:07 AM

Alternators might be,it serves an electromechanical device that converts mechanical energy to alternating current electrical energy.Most alternators use a rotating magnetic field but linear alternators are occasionally used.Check it first to see if the problem really comes there.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:25 PM
Default dummy lights

Originally Posted by AMIGO
On my 90 Amigo when I start it up the oil,brake,seat belt and gas lights stay on and the heater blower motor doesn''t run.But when I rev it up to 3000rpm or so the lightsgo out and the blower motor kicks on.I replaced the battery,alternaror and regrounded all the ground straps on the motor but nothing has helped.Also,when I drive it 10 miles or more and shut off the engine and try to restart it it dies off.It doesn''t matter if I try to rev it or not it just dies.Let it sit 15 minutes or so and it starts right up.Any suggestions?
Have you found the problem,,,,, my amigo is doing the same thing,,, new battery, alternator.... And when I drive my alt gages drops and heater stops working,,,,, I live in Oregon in the MTNS.......................
Please pm me about what you have found.....................