Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

How do you replace the door??!!

Old 01-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Default How do you replace the door??!!

My driver side window hasnt been able to roll up for the past couple of months. I know that a lot of people have problems with windows as well, but i thought it would just be easier to just replace the whole door. So, I went to my local junkyard and found a door for my same model, i had some difficulty trying to unscrew the bolts themselves from the door (I'm not too car saavy). Untill one of the workers at the junkyard told me that I had to start by taking off the left side fender, he eventually took over and began unscrewing the fender screws from under the hood and just tore the whole fender off the car, which yes it is a quick fix from getting the door off off of a junked car. So, i got home and began to unscrew the fender (so far, so good) but then i start to realize that under the wheel well is a layer of plastic that is screwed into the fender, i still try to take it with a clean approach. Out of frustation i just end up ripping off the plastic off the screws to have access to the rest of the screws. Now I'm stuck, im notici ng that there are pieces of the fender look like i cant take it apart. My finger has now been sliced on some of the metal.Is there any easier way to take off this door without interfering too much with the integrity of the vehicle, i tried taking out the door pin too but that was a dead end. any help would be greatly appreciated )))))

Old 01-11-2014, 01:36 PM

you can also try to remove the door by unbolting the hinges and then removing the roll pin on the little door keeper. you might need someone else to hold the door or use something to prop it up so that the door does not fall. The other thing to be careful with is the wiring that runs through the door.