Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

First Generation Trooper technical Support

Old 08-31-2014, 12:45 PM
Default 2nd Gen Trooper

Johnnie - do you recommend anyone for 2nd Gen Trooper questions? thanks!

Old 09-08-2014, 02:06 PM

Unfortunately, I haven't met anyone except Jerry Lemond who really has much accurate information about them. You can get on planetisuzoo, but you'll get as much wrong information as right, so unless you already know the answer to your question, you'll leave there no better off than you are now. Those guys are notorious for throwing out all sorts of guesses about stuff and you'll have 10 guys tell you 10 different things, which'll just result in you throwing darts at a problem. If you want to send a message to j5@johnny5trooper.com I'll review it and may have some resources to find you an accurate answer. Also, to anyone wanting to contact me I only log onto this forum about once a month, a better way to get ahold of me is email. j5@johnny5trooper.com Thanks

Old 10-12-2015, 12:01 PM

My first Gen 1 '89 Trooper 2 door gasser, auto and tons of spare parts were included. I will try your .com

Old 10-24-2015, 02:22 PM

I'm looking at a 1985 Trooper for 1200. Good buy or no?

Old 01-16-2016, 01:11 PM

Johnny,
I have a 1990 trooper that the man I bought it from swapped the 2.8 out to a 3.4 . He never could get it started, claiming the timing was out. It still has the ECU from the 2.8 connected. Will this work ,or do I need an ECU from a 3.4 or even a 4.3 v6.

Thank you,

Old 02-22-2016, 10:42 PM
Default trooper tech help

Hey jonny5ive I just got a01 trooper hoping you may be able to help me diagnose my tranny issues when I start off in the d gear from a stop thetranjy seems to either not be downshifted enough or slipping ? It doesn't slam just goes real slow at takeoff .it does not do this at all when I shift and start off in the L gear .seems to shift manually from L to 2 real slippy though .the weird part is it seems like the brakes are on or the E brake is holding back the tranny somehow like it doesn't know that it's been told to go almost lol .anyways I had the tranny fluid flushed w new fluid till clean and a new filter as well .once I am going it seems to go perfect like can hit the gas and its goes no slipping so my question is this how do I check to see if it's my shift solenoids and or my torque converter lock up .? And is there any other vehicles that would contain the same tranny there has to be I would think .I found an older (91) rodeo in the junkyardthat looks exactly the same tranny aand motor !do you think it will work in mine ? Thank you for your time

Old 05-13-2016, 12:33 PM

I'm a mechanic and we have a 89 Isuzu Trooper LS 2.6 4x4 auto. Do you have the wiring diagram for the transmission? the vehicle came to us it would barely move in drive but have good power in reverse 1st 2nd and 3d but drive was hardly nothing even peddle to the floor it would barely move! we replaced the solenoids did not work replaced the Computer module nothing, then we just put a transmission in it and its a little better but still doing the same thing in drive it has no power. we need the wiring diagram there's no salvage yard part store dealer or Google cant find nothing its not in the original repair manuals either Can you please help me out man I would owe you BIG TIME!