Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

P0430 Code

Old 12-22-2008, 08:18 PM

1998 Isuzu Trooper 3.5L V6 Automatic

I''''m getting a P0430 check engine light, banks 1 and 2.
I
just installed new O2 sensors (oem) and started using 92 octane
gasoline from 87 to have a cleaner burn. Could this be the problem? Not
sure if this was a good idea.

I did check the possible causes :

<ul>[*]1. The catalytic converter is no longer functioning properly...maybe, truck is almost 10 years old
</span>[*]2. An oxygen sensor is not reading (functioning) properly...new O2 sensors installed (OEM)</span>, so I''''m ruling this one out.[*]3. There is an exhaust</span></font><div style="position: absolute; z-index: 4000; top: -32px; left: -18px; display: none;" id="preLoad1"></div></span> leak...don''''t see or feel any leak on the exhaust pipe when visually inspected.</span><br style="font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(153, 0, 102);">[/list]I reverted back to using 87 octane for about 1 day now...crossing my fingers 0430 code goes away.[img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img]

Thanks for any info.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:54 AM

Fixed the problem....

Bank 2 catalytic converter (Driver''s side) was replaced...

Passed smog check! 15mph was borderline high, enough to pass smog! the 25mph test on rollers passed with flying colors.

woooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I''ll probably change bank 1 cat in two years time when it fails smog. hahaha

Originally Posted by gnr_70
1998 Isuzu Trooper 3.5L V6 Automatic

I''''''''m getting a P0430 check engine light, banks 1 and 2.
I just installed new O2 sensors (oem) and started using 92 octane gasoline from 87 to have a cleaner burn. Could this be the problem? Not sure if this was a good idea.

I did check the possible causes :

<UL>
<LI>1. The catalytic converter is no longer functioning properly...maybe, truck is almost 10 years old

<LI>2. An oxygen sensor is not reading (functioning) properly...new O2 sensors installed (OEM), so I''''''''m ruling this one out.

<LI>3. There is an <A class=kLink id=KonaLink1 style="POSITIon: static; TEXT-DECORATIon: underline! important" href="http://www.obd-codes.com/p0430#" target=undefined target="_blank">exhaust
<DIV id=preLoad1 style="DISPLAY: none; Z-INDEX: 4000; LEFT: -18px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -32px"></DIV></A>leak...don''''''''t see or feel any leak on the exhaust pipe when visually inspected.<BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(153,0,102); TEXT-DECORATION: underline"></LI>[/list]I reverted back to using 87 octane for about 1 day now...crossing my fingers 0430 code goes away.[img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img]

Thanks for any info.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Banned

Hollingsworth becomes president of Michael Anthony Jewelers | Michael Anthony Jewelers Inc. Mt. Vernon New York named Claudia Hollingsworth president of the company the company said in a statement. The appointment is effective immediately. Hollingsworth 41 recently resigned as chief customer officer of M.Z. Berger & Co. fake hamilton watch Inc. a major distributor of watches under the names of Elgin Gruen and Benrus. Previously she was with OroAmerica a large gold jewelry manufacturer where she served for thirteen years in various capacities. Hollingsworth remains a director of Michael Anthony Jewelers a position she has held since November 2001. Michael Paolercio chief executive officer said in the statement movado 800 watch "Claudia is a well-know and highly regarded merchandising and marketing expert with a long and successful track record in the gold jewelry industry. We were happy to have her join us as a Board member last November and we are even more excited today by her decision to join us on a full-time basis." Anthony Paolercio chief operating officer added "Having Claudia join our organization is a tremendous increase to our talent pool and will bring Michael Anthony to the next level of growth and profitability." Michael Anthony Jewelers replica watches Inc. is a leading designer replica glashutte watches marketer and manufacturer of affordable fine jewelry whose customers include jewelry chain stores discount stores department stores television shopping networks hublot big bang cappuccino watches catalogue retailers and wholesalers.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Default p0430

I just realized that you have a trooper. I have a Rodeo and the same code. They printed off the list at auto zone and has cat. converter as one issue. How much did it cost?

Last edited by yeha_brother; 02-15-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by yeha_brother
I just realized that you have a trooper. I have a Rodeo and the same code. They printed off the list at auto zone and has cat. converter as one issue. How much did it cost?

I'll discuss with my senior consultant then post here your answer.